2012 Lowe A1667 - SOLD

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw some others on here using Google Sketch Up. I played around with it (a lot longer than I probably should have).

Here's the end design:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I've made a lot of mistakes since the first deck, and even some with the second deck. Heck, it's only plywood and paint. Everything else is reusable. But, time is what I don't have a lot of, so I really need to narrow down my vision.

Got a quote on the battery cables - $160 with the ends on. I'll be picking those up to move the batteries to the front.

Dawson from Fish On Fabrications also gave me some awesome prices on welded aluminum boxes with lips. Haven't decided if I want to use wood as the cover, or flush mount them like Big Terp. I'm leaning towards the flush mount as I think it will be a cleaner presentation. The wood covers would make everything look identical though.

After talking to the guys that sold me the hull, I found out that the transom naturally rides low in the water, and I could put the kids in the back should they want to go on a ride. I still feel it's better to put them in front to help weigh down the bow. I didn't care for the way it rode last time three of us went out. I had to tilt the engine all the weigh in, and the bow was still too far up in the air.

I'm tinkering again. I had flush mounted some coolers in the rear benches, so I picked up two cheap Tempress 1115 hatches (11x15) that fit just inside the cooler. I made a frame out of 2x2 again, and then topped it with 3/4 ply. I used stainless steel screws to keep it all together. I plan on painting it just like the front. Once I save up a little, or my wife is kind enough to buy me some for Christmas, I plan on redoing the front with the hatches after all.

Has anyone had any experience with the liners for the Tempress hatches? They're $50 or so dollars each, and they say you can make bait wells out of them. I'm not looking forward to wasting $50 if there not any good for storage or bait wells though.

20131027_171005.jpg

20131027_192527.jpg

20131027_192537.jpg

And here's some fish I caught off the beach at Passe-a-Grille. I couldn't throw my spoon in fast enough. The jacks were chasing after anything and everything I could put on the line. It was fun! But I'm looking to get back in the boat.

20130908_202500.jpg

I'm also toying around with an above deck anchor storage area. My son has trouble getting the anchor out from the front well. The anchor storage wouldn't be affixed until I redid the front, but I'm starting to like the idea. It also gives me a place to mount the trolling motor on the front and one of those shallow water anchor mounts.

Sorry about the picture orientation... for some reason, the website screws it up.

20131027_192928.jpg

20131027_192953.jpg

She looks great Ken! I hope you don't mind if I steal your foredeck design. As for the stern squat, if moving things around doesn't help much, you may want to look into some trim tabs. They make both simple fixed and fancy adjustable versions. They're very popular down here in FL where folks are always trying to get up and run as shallow as possible. If do a search here in the forums and online, you'll find tons of pics and examples. Lenco are probably the best know brand, but there are many others.

Are those Tempress seats? How are you liking them? Boat looks good, I like the painted decks.

They're Tempress all weather high back seats I believe. The painted decks are nice, but grip is a little lacking. When I paint the back, I'm going to throw in grit for texture like I did on the first front deck.

She's now for sale! I upgraded to a 20' Pro-Line center console and need to get her our of my garage. She's always been garage kept, so she's in great condition. Engine has about 60 hours on her. I'm looking to get $4500. Based on the guides, I believe that to be a fair price, but if I'm way off, please let me know. I'm in the Tampa area, and can be reached by email ([email protected]) or text (813-405-5611).

Hull: 2012 Lowe Angler 1667 (16' aluminum modified V hull)
Trailer: 2012 Magic Tilt single axle, maintenance free.
Motor: 2005 Mercury 40HP EFI 4-stroke (See engine running here: https://youtu.be/tWRsYBS06ZM)

Boat comes with:
* Side console with switch panel
* Power tilt and trim
* Fuel/water separator
* Wang shallow water anchor and mount
* Four Tempress seats, one seat extension
* LED deck lights
* Navigation and anchor lights
* Spare tire
* Bimini top
* 500 gph bilge bump
* 12v outlet
* Dual batteries in stern compartment
* Transom mount trolling motor with tiller control
* Front mount 12 gallon fuel tank (removable)
* Stern mount 6 gallon fuel tank (removable)
* Two 3-rod holders in stern
* Cargo net under captain's seat
* Folding hitch

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG