2013 Alumacraft V-14 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while and with a long winter I have made some plans for spring with the boat, purchased

-EZ Loader T-Bunk trailer guides
-EZ Loader LED tail light kit
-Ram Mounts for my electronics
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425813909.961761.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425813917.961692.jpg

Thanks, I was looking around at a few dealerships today, contemplating putting the V-14 under the knife and create a front deck area like on this Lund 1400 Fury, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426034114.847200.jpg

Due to nothing but problems with the EZ-Loader OEM tail lights the last two years, I am upgrading to a set found on a 17ft EZ Loader which are LED. Also the EZ Loader T-Bunk Guide's have arrived and I will be fitting/installing them in the near future.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426043175.026900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426043182.326243.jpg

Managed to get the LED lights installed and removed the factory corroded lights, as expected a big difference in brightness. Had some time before the sun went down to install the trailer guides as well, they might sit a little low in the water when at the launch to do much but spring time will tell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427947190.936981.jpg

btalling said:
Thanks, I was looking around at a few dealerships today, contemplating putting the V-14 under the knife and create a front deck area like on this Lund 1400 Fury, View attachment 1

you'll really like the front deck. that is almost identical to my tracker super giude v14.
don't make the deck any higher than 7-8" above the rest of the floor. any higher and it gets hard to keep your balance when stepping up/down in rough water and you'll feel like you're fishing out of a 2nd story window
i really like the seat layout at the rear of the alumacraft v14

Attachments

• 62198_102_pic.jpg
    62198_102_pic.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 949
Spent some time this weekend making a 3/8 plywood front deck to house the new Minn Kota Powerdrive 55lb V2 with i-pilot, I ordered the matching vinyl fabric through Alumacraft. Still waiting on the Minn Kota power plug to drill into the new wooden wall. Will be getting a Humminbird Helix 7 to mount on a ram up front for the passenger who can use the built in transducer on the Minn Kota.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438141948.017354.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438141972.072605.jpg

I was considering getting the ram mount to keep the head of the motor from bouncing but after test driving there's really no play/movement so I will hold off on that for now.

I have ordered LED navigation lights that I will be drilling into the wooden deck in front of trolling motor as well as purchasing a stainless steel cup holder for the deck to drill into it like this higher end Alumacraft

Looks great!

One thing i cannot tell is what plywood you used. Is it pressure treated? If it is pressure treated, some pressure treated plywood, not all, will eat holes in aluminum in a matter of a couple years. Check out if the plywood you used will react with aluminum.

Please check it out. Lots of people do not know about this.

Can't wait to see it completed. Great work!

hwew said:
Looks great!

One thing i cannot tell is what plywood you used. Is it pressure treated? If it is pressure treated, some pressure treated plywood, not all, will eat holes in aluminum in a matter of a couple years. Check out if the plywood you used will react with aluminum.

Please check it out. Lots of people do not know about this.

Can't wait to see it completed. Great work!

I did use pressure treated 3/8 wood, I wrapped it completely in the Alumacraft vinyl before putting bolts through the gunnel's, I will be removing it for the winter months and only having it bolted on from May-October. I'm not to concerned and worse case if this boat does have problems just swab all my stuff to another aluminum V-14.

I recently ordered these Whitecap splashguards to prevent the transom overflow in big open water and back trolling. I contemplated it for so long because it wasn't possible with a transom mount trolling motor but since switching to a bow mount I've decided this is the way to go. I will take more photos later today when I get around to installing it.

If you have any comments/suggestions or questions feel free to throw a reply!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438499968.283407.jpg

6ade1d4c268a2edb039e978187a9cbd0.jpg
679ba8951333670a01b13af95d2d6277.jpg

Since my latest update, I've moved the Humminbird 598 to the bow on a ram mount, no photos yet. I installed a Helix 12 si on a ram mount at the rear while changing out the vinyl material at the stern to avoid having pre existing holes. Removed middle bench last week, the plan is to begin a floor shortly once I decide whether I go carpet or vinyl. I will be contacting local welding fabricators to design some reinforcements that were lost when removing middle bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to provide a quick update, I installed the cargo net to the front tonight to hold plano's and life jackets. I haven't started constructing the floor but should be starting sometime soon. I spent most of the evening replacing trailer bulbs.
fec3f07beabd51cf6627f6d77207a280.jpg

I'm hopeful to add the floor before winter season, in the meantime I added another ram and a dedicated Marcum flasher with an open water transducer to accompany the Helix.

568c47de799e09a763cbaceff83d8a11.jpg

How big is the base of the Minn Kota? I am thinking of getting one but Im not sure if it would fit on the deck. Im only concerned with the width. I have a spot that is about 7 inches wide between a cleat and a socket for a navigation light. Is that enough space?