20hp 4stroke suzuki

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next few days 3 massive cold fronts are coming in to fl,most people probably laugh when they here cold fronts in fl because most people are 3ft in snow or iced in,lol.I used to live in ny and i have to tell you that it feels colder here at a higher temp then when it's like 10 or 15 degrees colder up north because it's a damp cold here and it goes right through your skin.I use to shovel snow in shorts up north but here it gets 30 and i'm a bit colder.It's hard to explain unless you lived here for a yr or 2 then up north and compared the 2.But i can fish all yr around on a boat here thats why i would never move,the summer is i mean brutal but you deal with it after a while,man i sweat like a pig in the summer thats why i love this weather so much,lol.

Well finally starting to feel better, i guess the antibiotics are doing the trick.I will be going out soon.I'm going through a divorce as of now,i just got served a few days ago and have to respond so i have to spend time with my lawyer.My life is just filled with a lot of fun,lol.I can't catch a darn break.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339016#p339016 said:
scoobeb » Yesterday, 20:38[/url]"]Well finally starting to feel better, i guess the antibiotics are doing the trick.I will be going out soon.I'm going through a divorce as of now,i just got served a few days ago and have to respond so i have to spend time with my lawyer.My life is just filled with a lot of fun,lol.I can't catch a darn break.
Brother do not disappear, best day of my life when mine left. "I got 99 problems and the bi__ch ain't one" love that song!!

Well the craziest thing happen today i would of never though possible.First off this divorce was suppose to be civil and get it done fast,well it went wrong somewhere on her part as i want nothing from her but to see my child,that's it.I gave her the whole house except my belongings and my car and boat.I found out just a few days ago she hated me for the past 2yrs and was trying to get back at me.She told me to my face.We lost everything due to the economy including our house and cars and all out toys in the first place.I moved in with my mom and she moved in with her dad.I'm back as square one from when i was a kid but for good reason.It's a long story but i will leave it at i'm sick with 2 nasty blood disorders and i have to take chemo therapy for it,it has caused me to never be able to work again,i have a ss case pending and i have one of the best disability lawyers in fl who said i have it in the bag.I have had a 0 income for over 8mths now and it sucks.Thank God i have a loving mom and great friends who have helped me through this till i get my ss and my huge retro check to pay all my help back.I got the suzuki from my mother as a gift that's how i have it or i wouldn't have a motor,i had the boat and trailer for 2yrs with no motor.

Sorry don't mean to tell my life story but the point of this is i text my ex wife today and explain to her what are you fighting me for,i said she can have our child as she is a fit parent and loves our little girl as i do.After that we both have nothing as far as money,assets,i mean nothing so there is nothing for her to gain.She got a lawyer and then served me with the papers thinking since i had no money i couldn't get a lawyer,well one of my really good friends is a lawyer and my mom was going to lay out the money for me and then i would pay her back,well long story short,i talked to her today and told her why are you doing this your just costing your dad who is paying for her lawyer and my mom thousands of dollars for no reason.

I talked to her for a couple hrs and low and behold she backed out of the lawsuit or summons because she realized what she was doing was so wrong and i believe me having to get a lawyer scared her a bit as she thought i was just going to sit back and lose the case,she is going to call her lawyer tues to kill the summons and we have an original paper we are going to sign that states we want basically nothing from eachother and we agreed on a parenting plan together for our child.I can't believe she agreed to do this but she said your right i was wrong.Now i can go back to running my boat with no stress.Iv'e been stressing like you wouldn't believe.One thing this has taught me,i will never marry again.I'm 38 and now all i want to do is concentrate on my daughter and fishing,lol.

Sorry i didnt mean to vent but i wanted to explain what was going on.This the only way anyone can understand.

Well since me divorce is settling down and it will be over here in a few weeks so i can move on with my life i am finally going to get this boat out on the water.This weekend is the time.I need a break from all this divorce crap.I'm going to do a nice full day of just the 10pitch prop and then with the 11pitch prop to see where i am with everything.I'm going to try and get out friday but if not it will be sat for sure with the 10pitch then on monday will be my second run with the 11pitch prop.So you guys will have results soon.When i get all the data tog i will post it as update so you know when to look for what you need as far as how this motor performs.

I'm kind of excited as i saw a 20hp 4stroke on a 1652 lowe which is a monster jon boat and with 2 people it was getting it and it even planned with 4 adults and gear in it,top speed was near 20mph with 4people.That's pretty amazing for a small outboard such as this is.These little motors have more power then we think.

UPDATE,GOING OUT TODAY.It's suppose to storm but i'm going to give it a whirl.Yesterday my daughter came over for the first time since christmas so going on the boat was the last thing on my mind.I hope to get you something today,depends how bad the weather is and when it gets here.I'm heading out say 8-9am so i hope to beat this weather.If not friday for sure because tom is going to be down right cold and windy with the highs in the upper 40's to low 50's,sorry that's cold for us southerners,lol.

I also think i'm going to just switch to the 11pitch prop from the get go.

Sorry it was extremely stormy today,so it was a no go.Tom is going to be 25-30mph winds so that is a no go.I'm shooting for friday.It should be a nice day i hope.I'm getting tired of this weather.

Ok got the new 11pitch prop on yesterday and i'm going out tom morning,tues.I'm going by myself so that's why i just put the 11pitch on.Most people who own this motor over rev with the factory 10pitch prop.I'm going to ride around all day and try to use darn near 5 gallons of fuel.That's probably at least 2.5 to 3hrs of running straight.She's going to get a workout.I will have all the data i can get on this,should be very accurate as there will be near no wind tom.It suppose to be dead calm to a 5mph wind.

Not trying to make excuses but a lot has been happening in my life as with last time.I have finally after this whole darn time got it together.My divorce is final april 9th.I have been stressing over this for a long time now and the mother of my child has been making it so hard for me to see my daughter that's what has been happening,sorry i don't mean to give you my life story but divorce sucks and takes a toll on you.I'm just trying to explain why it keeps getting put off,things are much better now.

I have the boat loaded for tom,i just installed a water/fuel separator.I was actually coming on here to let you guys know we are going out tom and i will bring my hand held gps to get all the things i want to test.Look for an update tom night after i come back because it will be here.I just went with the 11pitch prop for now,i have been reading so many posts on how the 10pitch prop is undersized and most if not all went to a 11pitch permanently.I will post tom,thanks for your patience. :D

I went and i mean there was no water,the tide was so low the whole area of were i go was land so i had to cancel the trip.Were going on fri,i need to catch the tide early in the morning.I ended up going to late that's what the problem was.I'm going fri to run it most of the day and then sat i'm taking a friend fishing to catch some monster trout and maybe some redfish.The tide will be perfect fri and sat.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!When out today finally to run her hard.I put almost 3 gallons of fuel through her,that's alot for a small motor like this.Ok so this is what i got so far.

I had close to 700lbs in the boat even know it's rated for 675.It was so darn impressive in the rough water.I mean it was rough,as in 3 foot swells.The motor was a powerhouse.Even in rough water we got 26.5mph-27.5mph with 2 full adults and all gear.I got in some calm water for a few minutes and we hit 29mph briefly but went back down to the normal avg.I am going to a calm lake tom to get good accurate readings.This was in saltwater and i mean the boat beat the snot out of us,it felt like we were on a jetski because we were in the air most of the time,lol.

The power was better then any 2stroke i have ever owned other then my 15hp 2stroke merc.The only issue i had was it starved for gas after it sat at an island we went to for an hr or so and i believe the pressure was out of the system and i needed to prime the bulb,it only did that for a few brief seconds then we took off.The only other thing was a slight backfire or i may say it like a crackle/pop,it wasn't that loud but i am using like 2 or 3mth old gas,it's ethanol free but i think that is what may have caused it.It never happened on the water,only when i reved it up a bit while i was flushing the saltwater out of it,when i decelerated it did it only once and was fine after that so i don't think it's anything to worry about,at least i hope.

I will post a ton of gps stats and times tom from calm water.I'm sorry it took so long.

For the record to i may even step up to a 12pitch prop because even with the 11pitch prop it had so much power i think i may be able to go even faster.I have no doubt tom i will go in the boat by myself and i bet i can hit 30+mph or really close on a constant basis.I took it for a fast trial run for a bit a while back but this is going to be a full workout and i want to get a full constant wot avg speed.