75 Mirro Craft 14' semi V soon to be center console

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonestarluck

Reaction score
Hey everybody, this site is awesome, I've been creeping around here for a while and now I've finally started my project and want to share it. My brother in law and I traded some plumbing work for this project last year and due to a long list of honey do's and other "priorities" we're just now starting on it.

Here's what we started with:
1975 Mirro Craft 14' Semi V hull (used for a cat house for last 20 years, rotten transom)
1971 Dilly tilt trailer (with two flat tires and sash cord for a winch line)
1964 Johnson Sea Horse 9.5hp outboard. (Excellent condition)
19?? Sears Craftsman trolling motor (unused in original box)
Also got a couple anchors, a set of 6' oars, a perfect condition evinrude gas tank and motor stand

The 9.5hp motor sold on Craigslist for almost enough to cover our entire investment in this boat. A friend had a 1977 Johnson 25hp tiller that we got for $300. Has good compression but needs a little elbow grease in a few spots. The rotten transom was removed right away and there is a mew one in the shop waiting on one more coat of SPAR. Hopefully we'll start the install of aluminum deck framing soon. We'll be using some ideas we've seen on here and some of our own.

Our future plans include front and rear casting decks, an aluminum tube framed center console, upgrade 25hp motor with 35hp carb and intake, mini jack plate and possibly tilt/trim plate, storage and foam under decks. All of our plans will be executed as simply and cheaply as possible while still being done right. We have access to a friend with a TIG machine and JD squared tubing bender that will be helping us with the aluminum fab parts of the project.

HAVING TROUBLE WITH PICTURES BECAUSE OF THE 800 pixel limit.

Finally got an app to resize the pics

Here's our bare hull after removing the bench seats and rotten transom.
53383AA0-23F8-4F32-B937-D6C99AAEDA2C-22612-000017E9E49DC0D2.jpg

Lonestarluck said:
Thanks for the welcome guys, bigwave your boat is one that we'll probably take some ideas from.
Thank you that is very flattering, I sure have learned from my mod. I have another boat that I will be selling, so that I can find a larger hull for my next mod. I have been on a fine line with my current project. I paid as i went along, so it has taken some time to get where I am at. I will weld everything on my next mod.....no wood. I will also buy all the material up front before I start too. My girlfriend will be finished with nursing school in July, thank god.......her income will almost double mine so that will free up some of my money for the next boat. I am thinking of at least a 20' maybe even larger........with a big ole engine. I cant have those Seaark guys running circles around me....... :lol: I like the idea of a jet boat too......not with a seadoo motor either, I am thinking of a v-8 like one of the sponsors on this site makes. It must be a mid life crisis thing........ :mrgreen: Keep up the good work, I look forward to watching your build.

bigwave said:
Lonestarluck said:
Thanks for the welcome guys, bigwave your boat is one that we'll probably take some ideas from.
Thank you that is very flattering, I sure have learned from my mod. I have another boat that I will be selling, so that I can find a larger hull for my next mod. I have been on a fine line with my current project. I paid as i went along, so it has taken some time to get where I am at. I will weld everything on my next mod.....no wood. I will also buy all the material up front before I start too. My girlfriend will be finished with nursing school in July, thank god.......her income will almost double mine so that will free up some of my money for the next boat. I am thinking of at least a 20' maybe even larger........with a big ole engine. I cant have those Seaark guys running circles around me....... :lol: I like the idea of a jet boat too......not with a seadoo motor either, I am thinking of a v-8 like one of the sponsors on this site makes. It must be a mid life crisis thing........ :mrgreen: Keep up the good work, I look forward to watching your build.

Another Mirro - welcome and good luck with your build :beer:

I bought all of this for $60.00 yesterday. Lone star 14' semi v, mercury 20hp, trailer, eagle fish finder, and a brand new fuel hose with primer bulb still in the package. The motor spins freely, the boat is pretty decent and the trailer is fixable, bunks are rotten and could use a paint job.

34018BAB-02D3-4C9B-AB34-E7F321FE6A07-23748-00001907841DE79B.jpg

F4655FA7-A361-4DFD-8E81-774E4EB1734B-23748-000019078FCDDAA4.jpg

1017C191-6968-44B8-9648-F9BA78C3B30D-23748-0000190799316630.jpg

4C8B434E-C10E-4F05-BF58-6AF3BD19A875-23748-000019079DEE1D32.jpg

F308310F-3090-46D3-91FE-D9456E66394C-23748-00001907A4346700.jpg

This isn't going to be that great of a build thread cuz I'm horrible with pictures, but... We got it going and love it so far. Still running the boat with the tiller set up at this point but the center console is still in the works. Here's the only good picture I've got right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,296