9.9 gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, no luck. i think the carb needs to be rebuilt. i dont know much about motors but my father in law is coming in town and he's gonna give me a hand with it. if we can't get it going, i will take it to someone that does and see how much it's gonna cost. i'm not gonna throw too much money into it, it's really not that good of a motor. but anyways, i had it running at one point so there is some hope for it.

Gunner said:
well, no luck. i think the carb needs to be rebuilt. i dont know much about motors but my father in law is coming in town and he's gonna give me a hand with it. if we can't get it going, i will take it to someone that does and see how much it's gonna cost. i'm not gonna throw too much money into it, it's really not that good of a motor. but anyways, i had it running at one point so there is some hope for it.

The reoccurring advice that I get about my motor is always the same; Get it running and sell it quick.

Take it for what it's worth.

Good luck and let us all know how it turns out for you.

Craig

well i've had some good luck today, had it running a lot today in the back yard. i'll take it to the lake tomorrow and see what it's gonna do for me. i'm pretty happy with it's performance today. i really think i had a bad mixture. so i remixed and its been going strong. we'll see tomorrow

Gunner said:
well i've had some good luck today, had it running a lot today in the back yard. i'll take it to the lake tomorrow and see what it's gonna do for me. i'm pretty happy with it's performance today. i really think i had a bad mixture. so i remixed and its been going strong. we'll see tomorrow

She still treating you right?

Craig

it seems like one problem after another. i'll get it started on like the 3rd pull(hell, sometimes the 30th) and it will run for a while. i'll open the choke or throttle down too much and it will cut out. and not work for a while. it will crank a little bit but then give up on me. i'm just gonna take it in and get it checked out. it can't be anything too big but who knows. im gonna tell him, if it isn't worth it, just forget it. i will put no more than 100 dollars into that motor. that will leave me with a working motor for 250. not the best motor, but a motor none the less. i dont know if i'm flooding it or what. is there any way to tell if im flooding it by priming the bulb too much

when you throttle down too much, how much is it, like at idle or like to the point where it is sputtering and struggling to stay running. and why would you need to open up the choke if its already running

like i said, i dont know much about motors. i started with the choke closed and then open it once it starts up. that's what i thought you were supposed to do. am i wrong? it's when i throttle all the way down. that might be normal but i dont know. this is all new to me. and sometimes it takes forever to even get running. once it runs for a minute and i shut it off it usually starts right back up but if i let it sit im right back at square one.

Gunner said:
like i said, i dont know much about motors. i started with the choke closed and then open it once it starts up. that's what i thought you were supposed to do. am i wrong? it's when i throttle all the way down. that might be normal but i dont know. this is all new to me. and sometimes it takes forever to even get running. once it runs for a minute and i shut it off it usually starts right back up but if i let it sit im right back at square one.

ok i see what your saying. i know on my 7.5 gamefisher, it has no kill switch, you throttle all the way down to kill it. and as for the choke issue, it sounds like a carb issue but i am by no means a mechanic.