AeroGarden

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is so cool. I will definately be buying one for my girlfriend. We will have to call you Dr. Greenthumb from now on :lol:

Jim,
Do you think the bad taste would be attributed to the nutrient tabs? Is that thing like hydroponics (soil-less)? Might try another batch in small pots under the grow light to compare taste?

flounderhead59 said:
Jim,
Do you think the bad taste would be attributed to the nutrient tabs? Is that thing like hydroponics (soil-less)? Might try another batch in small pots under the grow light to compare taste?

No bad taste at all! and Yes its all hydroponics. Underneath the cups is about a gallon of water. Every 2 weeks it flashes to remind you to fill the water and drop a couple of nutrient tabs. I did notice though as the plants get taller, they drink more water, so I have been adding a cup every 4-5 days.

esquired said:
Flounderhead - he said awesome, not awful!

OK you deserve this - click here CLICK

I was going to click that link but got mezmor-hypnotized and went into some sort of trance until my screen saver kicked on. I need to set it for less than 2 hours for next time though.

2/4/08

We have had the Basil and now chives! Awesome.

IMG_0521.JPG

Here is a picture of the roots that are growing into the water.

IMG_0523.JPG

flounderhead59 said:
So Jim,

Please, why 11:06pm. Reminds me of a gift card I got my mother for Christmas this past year. $26.01

After I set it up I had to read the directions on how to set up the timer....And thats the time I reset it. :D

Jim, I was just curious if you could grow any type of fruit or vegetable plant in that or did it just come with what you have in the pictures? Also,you may have already told but where did you come across that anyway?

My mother in law got it for me for Xmas.

The kit that came with it was the herbs...She also got me 2 additional sets of seeds

7 fancy lettuce variety
cherry tomatos

Im thinking of doing the tomatos next.

So far my only 2 complaints and they are not that big. These plants need constant filling of the water. It seems I'm adding 2-3 cups every other day.

The basil has grown out of control and has already reached the plant lights and is burning from the heat. I try to push the leaves down, but by the next morning they are up at the lights again. In other words I need to eat more food that requires fresh basil 8)

Jim:

Harvest the basil and put in in a ziplock bag in the freezer - it stay nice and fresh that way for anything that requires cooking with basil. (Not for raw of course)