Air compressor repair or mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wouldnt try that. i would want a dedicated two pole for the garage. you can get mini breakers, they are single pole breakers that are half sized. i do not think they pass code for new construction though. i think they have 2 two single pole breakers in the size of a normal single pole breaker.

lovedr79 said:
i wouldn't try that. i would want a dedicated two pole for the garage. you can get mini breakers, they are single pole breakers that are half sized. i do not think they pass code for new construction though. i think they have 2 two single pole breakers in the size of a normal single pole breaker.
Which would make for a 220V breaker? Cool.. I'll see if I can track one down this coming payday.. Thanks. hehehe BTW, no construction. This portable garage is more like an overgrown tent.

Y_J said:
Which would make for a 220V breaker? Cool.. I'll see if I can track one down this coming payday.. Thanks. hehehe BTW, no construction. This portable garage is more like an overgrown tent.
No it wouldn't give you 220, it would give you 2 single 110v breakers in the same space that was previously taken up by only 1 breaker. But by installing 2 of the double mini's, you could have dedicated breakers to everything that you have right now and it would open up 2 slots that would allow you to install a double pole/220v breaker.

JMichael said:
Y_J said:
No it wouldn't give you 220, it would give you 2 single 110v breakers in the same space that was previously taken up by only 1 breaker. But by installing 2 of the double mini's, you could have dedicated breakers to everything that you have right now and it would open up 2 slots that would allow you to install a double pole/220v breaker.
OK.. my bad.. I misunderstood. Sorry..
Thanks for all your tutoring on this issue with me... I really appreciate it.