Algea

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks if it warms up to day above 0 degrees I'm going to try some bleach. I'll let you know if it works :!:

I asked my bud at a boat dealership some time ago about the removal of algea. He finally found a product and tested it on his trade in's. It works great on all boats even if they are painted. All you do is spray it on ,leave it for 20 minutes then pressure wash it off. No damage.
The product is called Pro Rust Out . It is used by the plumbing industry for cleaning out pipes etc.
I'll be using it this spring when it's nice and warm :D :D

Good luck but trust me I tried I thought everything on the market and NOTHING worked with out alot of scrubbing . Even with that it never came close to removing the green.

I have a simpler and even cheeper alternative to the previously mentioned products. Concentrated Simple Green Cleaner. Just wet down the boat. Spray it on and Scrub with a tire brush or similar plastic bristle brush and then rinse away. I have some pictures on my home computer of my uncles boat that I cleaned up for letting me use it one summer. There are some shots in there that has half the transom cleaned and half still algae filled just for effect. This was on a painted boat.

I have had lots of trouble getting the algae off straight aluminum such as pontoon runners etc. I have been able to remove the algae but never the stain on unpainted aluminim so if anyone has a solution for that I would be glad to hear it.

Kind of forgot about posting the pics... they are up in my gallery

Here is a sample
normal_Digital_Camera_019.jpg

I will give that a try - Simple Green is all I use on the boat becuase it is environmentally friendly and non-toxic, so no worries about polluting or getting fined :D