Aluminum Bass Tracker Renovation.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since I have posted but there's lots going on. I completely stripped and blasted the trailer. Then primed and painted. Replaced all the wheel bearings and added bearing buddies. Have two new rims and tires on their way to me. All new LED lighting was added.

Here's a shot of the trailer being blasted

Attachments

• blasting1.jpg
    blasting1.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 485
I decided to add a casting deck to the rear to house a different fuel tank, more batteries, the oil injection tank, and anything else needed in the rear of the boat. Here I'm fitting up the plywood.

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 484
This is a box I constructed to accommodate Plano tackle boxes. I got tired of tripping over a large tackle bag on the floor.

Attachments

• tackle1.jpg
    tackle1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 483
My plan is to take the original front and rear seat mounts bolt them together to make one unit that will accomodate 2 deep cycle marine batteries. The front seat will be mounted on this enclosure.

Attachments

• bases1.jpg
    bases1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 803
I cut down the original flotation that you can still see on the left and right size to accommodate 2 storage areas. The original waterlogged foam that was under the old floor was scrapped.

The majority of wiring will be routed through the PVC that tracker originally put in place under the foam (in sides). I am adding conduit under the floor to house the new live-well lines and 4 gauge battery cables.

You can see how I'm using 2X4s to slightly elevate the floor. this allowed me to add a total of 3" of new closed cell foam under the flooring for flotation.

Attachments

• support1.jpg
    support1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 802
Here's a picture of the original tracker switch panel and one I had new Wire Marine make. Viking Panels is also making one for me that will hold a fuel gauge and several voltmeters to keep tabs on the batteries.

Attachments

• originalpanel.jpg
    originalpanel.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 797
  • newpanel.jpg
    newpanel.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 797
  • newpanel2.jpg
    newpanel2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 797
If this build doesn't interest anyone here I'm going to save my time and let the thread die.

Restrained,

You're doing a great job man.. keep posting. Your not getting a lot of reply's but that's just cause you seem to know what your doing and not really asking questions. Go take a look at my thread, I've posted lots but not a lot of reply's other than looks good and I like that's.

Believe me someone out there is looking at what your doing and thinking that something you did is a good idea and is taking note even if they aren't commenting.

Good luck on your build man, people are watching.

Mojo

Yesterday was also Thanksgiving. Lots of folks were busy. Your build is very clean. I will be doing a battery box like this on my 1248 under the front seat.

I'm another one watching although I don't post much. I am already checking on getting a panel made and seeing where you got yours done and how it looks I will probably go that way.

Hey man I am working on the same boat, How's it coming. I would love to see how you worked the storage on the sides. I had the same idea about the tacklebox storage in the front. Great minds think alike.

Here is mine, I am just finishing the demo and about to start work replacing the transom.