Aluminum Brightener!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD

Reaction score
Wow!
To be honest I really didn't fully believe this stuff worked with out elbow grease. That was until I tried it!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360124490.960752.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360124511.920134.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360124530.493327.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360124555.648798.jpg
This stuff is BA!

I have to do that next spring. That really looks good. Did you just spray it on and rinse it off? What is the name of it and where did you get it?

Yea, it's got Hydrofluoric and Sulfuric Acid in it so there's not much needed in the way of rubbing. :lol: Two things you really need to watch when using this stuff is to clean from the bottom up or you'll get streaking (as in cleaner stripes where it runs down) and clean small areas at a time and then rinse thoroughly before moving on to the next spot.

P.S. You might find that spray bottle won't function later on. The acid tends to eat the springs in the spray pump and any other metal parts it might have.

You did a good job on you tin boat. Nice and shiney! I worked at a chemical company before the ax and we would mix different type of acids to remove cement from ready-mix trucks and forms. We also mixed aluminum cleaner for cleaning air conditioner coils and tool boxes and what not. Works well but be careful how long you leave it on your boat and where you clean your boat(as in the grass or on the drive-way).

sawmill said:
I have to do that next spring. That really looks good. Did you just spray it on and rinse it off? What is the name of it and where did you get it?
Yep spray on rinse off within 30 seconds. The name of the stuff is Aluminum Brightener by Purple Power; I bought it at Oh Oh Oh O'Reillys Auto Parts. :lol: Note: It was not setting out had to ask for it as it was not out on the floor they kept it in the back.

Thanks for the other tips guys! I will check the spray bottle out and I hope it does kill the grass where I was working!!! 8)

That shine is pretty nice.

For what it's worth,,,
I e-mailed LUND last year asking what to use to shine up my boat.
Their reply was nothing. They said the oxidation protects the aluminum.

What do I know,,,

Did you have to remove any paint? If so, then how did you do it?

Jeffrey said:
Did you have to remove any paint? If so, then how did you do it?
Nope no paint.
Cleaned to seal the seams with some Goop Coat It then painted to cover the sealant.

Latest posts