Any Bourban Fans Here?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
I cant even read this thread without images of the most painful nights I have ever had in my life. Thank you johnny walker black, Thank you tequila, and thank you peppermint schnapps.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Oh crap, now you've got me thinking about some of those times also, lol. [-X :lol:

Jim said:
fishinchef said:
was it painful because you mixed all three of those in one night??? that would be painful to anyone!!!

no, three different nights! #-o

Try 750ml of Evan Williams.... I almost died... learned my lesson though!!!

I chug-a-lugged a half fifth of scotch when I was 16 years old - was trying to get drunk at a dance #-o Hospital visit, stomach pumped, etc...... no fun. Guess I didn't learn my lesson cause Ive been a regular drinker ever since - and now I'm 60 and still doing it (not chuggin scotch :wink: - just sipping VO or vodka martinis :) :)

I grew up in Louisville and have been to the Maker's Mark distillery several years ago before they started charging for the tours. I highly recommend that tour if you get anywhere around Loretto, KY. A couple of years ago I got hooked on Wild Turkey American Honey. (Well, not hooked like that - I just keep some around. I'm an occasioonal sipper.) It's sweet, so if you don't like sweet in your Bourbon you won't like it. It's called a Liqueur and the honey in it just makes it very smooth.

I also like Turkey 101, Maker's Mark but the absolute BEST Bourbon I ever had I got from my Uncle Charlie. He had a friend that would go to one of the distillery's and buy empty barrels from them. Then he'd take them home, set a bucket out in the back yard, put a piece of cheesecloth over it, and set the barrel on it, hole down for a couple of weeks in the heat of summer. True, honest to God Barrell Whiskey. Oh Lawwwwwdy!!! That was some smooth stuff!!!! I don't know what brand it was and I didn't care. Apparently they caught on to that trick though because I've heard they make it impossible to do that any more.

I like to make Bourbon Balls each year around Xmas and I'll try to use Maker's and Ghiradelli chocolate when I make them. YYYYYYummy!!

Mike

Attachments

• Amer Honey.jpg
    Amer Honey.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 179