Anyone know what this boat is?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quackrstackr said:
Here is a site that I stumbled across this morning while looking for your boat.

I've been looking through the pictures for an hour in amazement at the work these people have done. Way cool.

https://www.theclassicboathouse.com/

Yeah... I have posts up on:

Here
Michigan Sportsman
www.theclassicboathouse.com
www.feathercraft.net
iboats.com

So far no answers...

aborgman said:
hardwatergrampa said:
i looked at a 61 starcraft last year looked just like that same color too but i dont think the bow had that high a rise

Was the Starcraft smooth sided or lapstrake? Every Starcraft I've seen is lapstrake.

it was smooth sided i was buying it and the guy backed out when i went to pick it up

hardwatergrampa said:
aborgman said:
hardwatergrampa said:
i looked at a 61 starcraft last year looked just like that same color too but i dont think the bow had that high a rise

Was the Starcraft smooth sided or lapstrake? Every Starcraft I've seen is lapstrake.

it was smooth sided i was buying it and the guy backed out when i went to pick it up

Interesting... any idea what model? This boat definitely has some Starcraft like lines, but I've been completely unable to find any photos or anything that really resemble this boat. If anyone knows where there are some photos of a smooth sided Starcraft, please let me know.

no i cant remember what it was i was intrested in the 25 horse johson motor more then the boat the boat was in tip top shape an older fella owned the boat and had put the new motor on only went out on sunday mornings with the boat to have a coffee he passed away that fall and the motor and boat sat in the garge for a few years the wiow gave the boat to this guy but he never used it so wanted to sell it long story short he gave it to his son inlaw

A couple new details:

Possible original deck color?
DSCF6706.jpg

Possible original logo location rivet holes? Same location both sides of bow.
nameplateholes.jpg

Transom detail - notice that aluminum sides stick 1/4" past transom aluminum skin -

transombuildup.jpg

DSCF6711.jpg

ober51 said:
There is no way that someone so dedicated fails at this - keep up the hard work Matlock.

I tell you... even though I haven't found an answer yet, I'm really thankful for the internet. I'm just imagining what a nightmare this search would have been 20 years ago.

--
aborgman

Someone on a different board suggested the possibility of it being a Meyers, based on the serial number tag being similar to one of the tags I found in my boat. Apparently Meyers made runabouts back in the day.

Anyone know someplace that has any old Meyers brochures/catalogs/ads/etc?

Their website has nothing but their currently for sale line.

A fellow on another board has identified the mystery boat...

The mystery boat appears to be a Cherokee.

Bilge outside comparison -

mine:
bilgedrainoutside.jpg

His (known Cherokee):
transom-outside.jpg

Inside Bilge/transom comparison -

mine:
bilge.jpg

His:
transom-inside.jpg

continued...[/QUOTE]

continued...

...and the biggest tip-off to me, the two oval plates on the transom.

mine:
2plates.jpg

his:
plate.jpg

Mine read:
M 45-12230-P on left
F-12425 on right

His read:

M 6-10141-B on left
F-10701 on right

Now I just need to actually find some information about Cherokee - and so far that isn't proving real easy.

--
aborgman

Isnt the transom bracket different? I hope you're right, but I think I see some differences, unless there were mods made?

Edit: ah ok, I think you're onto something, lol.

There are some differences, but I think they are attributable to his being a 16' and mine being 14'.

The ID plates are identical, the fore-aft square tubing "stringers" are identical, the hull shape/splash rail is almost identical, and the funky splatter paint look on his transom looks very similar to the (same finish, different colors) funky splatter paint finish on the inside of my hull.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that it is a Cherokee - now I need to figure out what year and model... although I suspect the 1961 date on the registration is pretty close to accurate.

I can't help with IDing the boat but that's a Holsclaw trailer you've got right there. It looks to be a little newer than mine but I'm not sure. The color scheme and crank post are dead giveaways.