Back in the game... Skunk on 11/6

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
It's been almost two years since I've picked up a fishing rod, even longer for freshwater. In fact, July 30th, 2010 was the last time I've ever made a post here and it wasn't even a fishing-related thread. In case anyone remembers me, I was the post-happy highschooler who spent more time on a fishing forum than he probably should've. I'm now enrolled as a freshman at the fantastic Rutgers University. Anyways, I came home this past weekend to get some laundry done when I passed all my old tackle walking back into the house from the garage, and for some reason it really caught my eye today. So I decided, "what the hell", and geared up and took advantage of this beautiful weather we're having, and head out to a place called Round Valley State Park, a place where I've never fished before but drove by occasionally.

The air was a brisk but comfortable 54 °F, and long story short, after throwing jigs, spinnerbaits, and some softplastics for a while with no success, I decided to call it in for the day. But this time, it wasn't followed with the usual sense of disappointment that used to accompany an unsuccessful day. It was truly just amazing to get out there after so long!

Although I did get skunked, I snapped a few nice shots of Round Valley Reservoir - man is it beautiful. Oh have I missed the smell of anise and garlic

IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

Welcome back. Glad to see you got back on the water, and congrats on getting in to Rutgers.

I too have had some great times on the lake and never got a bite.

Continued success at school, and hope you get to squeeze in another trip soon.

Brine.

Latest posts