beggining to mod my 12 foot ouachita

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be really careful with a clear coat... those tend to dry even harder than auto paint... id hate to see you waste time money and effort... test it on a large part of the hull (preferably a part that has a lot of flex and give it a good coat. Let 'er dry and see if it cracks when you drastically flex it.

yeahh i painted the bottom so i can twist the boat a little to see if it was going to crack. I was going to do a little more testing before i go all out on it.
Oh, and its not an automotive clear coat..its a multifuntional protective coating.

I used to have a 1973 14' Ouachita decent little boats. mine was the same size and construction like your, except 2ft longer. i had a 25 hp merc on that thing, decked out, 46# MG foot control. I have some older pics of it without the newer engines.

Attachments

• !CID__PIX5.jpg
    !CID__PIX5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,155
wow looks familiar..
may be a dumb question but how do you determine the age of your boat? i cant find any info online about this company.
I chose to use grey for the interior..that's going on tonight

yankyfan100 said:
wow looks familiar..
may be a dumb question but how do you determine the age of your boat? i cant find any info online about this company.
I chose to use grey for the interior..that's going on tonight

Nice choice :D

Started painting the inside today..
I did a flex test and none of the paint or protective coating cracked.
the floor isnt painted because the protective coating is still drying on the inside.

Yankyfan. Look on the transom near the top right corner. There may be a small plate there with some numbers. The last 2 are the year.

so here's my progress as of today..still not done painting because its rained all week.

My anchor set up made from old parts laying around.

I know its a shot in the dark but can anyone get any information off this tag or guess the age of the boat?

i feel like throwin this in here also..my kayak with the anchor set up i made

Heres my set up for my stereo. I wanted something removable because i leave the boat in the water all summer. This is a motorcycle stereo that you can hook an ipod up to. It was only $23 off ebay and it sounds incredibly good for what it cost. I installed it in an old lord calvert case. What you guys think?

some on the water pics are also coming with the finished boat overhaul...

can't tell from the picture for sure but if your seats are only held by the seat clamps I'd suggest anchoring the bottoms of the clamps at the front and rear. I had clamp style mounts and they had pieces that screwed to the boat seat and held the seat mount in position so they couldn't pull up and off the bench seat.
Anyway. Looks good so far.

Wow Yankee. I like what you did. I just aquired a 69 Quachita (Ouchita ... Whatever. Can't read it off the decals anyway) and have given it the ole army green paint job, bed liner floor (inside) and some carpet. After coming across this site and seeing what you guys have done ... well, I'm gonna sand her down this winter, add a front and back deck with storage, remove the middle seat and floor over it, and get her set up for small pond and river bass fishin!!! Thanks for the inpiration man.

I hope you don't use that in a river with the anchor on the back like that. I was always told to put the anchor on the bow.