Big winter storm

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Northeast Pa it snows everyday. Some days its just a stray snowflake or like today 6 inches and still coming down. Spring comes usually 2 weeks into April generally wright after lunch for about 1/2 hour. Then turns cold and windy till about Second day in May then turn to summer. I enjoy the freezing drizzle epically when it knocks out the power. Our electric company only owns one repair truck and it's in the shop for repairs.

seasprite said:
Here in Northeast Pa it snows everyday. Some days its just a stray snowflake or like today 6 inches and still coming down. Spring comes usually 2 weeks into April generally wright after lunch for about 1/2 hour. Then turns cold and windy till about Second day in May then turn to summer. I enjoy the freezing drizzle epically when it knocks out the power. Our electric company only owns one repair truck and it's in the shop for repairs.
:LOL2:

Looks to be starting in eastern IA, I walked about a mile in it when we got the van stuck in a field at 2pm, its real windy and light snow just alot of blowing snow. Last I heard we are supposed to get 8-12" overnight into tomorow... I still need snowblower gas, and gas in the 4x4. I Sure hope all the generators I have out there for work do their job. [-o<

I've taken about 3-4 inches of sleet off the driveway so far in two separate assaults, man that stuff is heavy. The snow blower makes it go much easier but I still gotta scape the last 1/4 inch or so off with a shovel. The weatherman says that from here on out it should be all snow, depending on which one you believe it could be anywhere from 4" up to 18". Doesn't really matter, I'm done messing with it for today.
In theory I'm supposed to be at work at 6am tomorrow, I'm going to try but I don't feel good about my chances :roll:

40 miles west of Chicago, blowing and snowing. Just snow-blowed for the 1st time at 4:30 - 12-14" drifts - 3" deep otherwise. Worst is yet to come :( All schools and most all businesses closed tomorrow around here.

Here in Kansas City were working on 9 to 12 inches with a nice layer of frozen mist from this morning underneath. Its pretty bad the worst i have ever seen in the midwest.Hang in there everyone fishing season is apon us. let us keep our eye on the prize!

I teach high school chemistry in Madison, WI and I just got word that there's no school tomorrow. Whoo hoo! I've got a fridge full of beer and I'm sleeping in.

Finally started to freeze in my neck of the woods at about 8:30 this evening. The rain that we had earlier has turned into a nice sheet of ice. It started to snow just a wee bit but it quit about 20mins after it started. Temps have dropped into the lower 20's with wind chills around 10. Supposed to get some more ice and a few inches of snow...so hopefully no work for me tomorrow and I can spend all day working on the boat!

Well, in my part of north Texas we didn't get a whole lot of precip. What we did get, though, came in the form of any ice sheet about a half-inch thick. Took my daughter to the grocery store yesterday evening, mainly just because I wanted to get out of the house. Got a little sideways twice. The first time was on purpose just to show her how easy it can be get get out of control. Second time was not on purpose, but it showed her (I hope)how important it is to stay in control. At least no major power outages that I've heard of. I'll be leaving for work in about ten minutes. Wish me luck.

Local guy is saying 12-18 inches by the time it gets done, then another 6-10 inches Saturday, then another storm next Tuesday. On the plus side, we've gained back an hour of daylight.

We've already got over 11in. of snow and its still pounding us where I am. The drifts are getting ridiculous, and I'm beginning to wonder if the quad will be able to plow this much.

IMAG0120 [800x600].jpg

IMAG0119 [800x600].jpg

IMAG0121 [800x600].jpg

I'm alive.
As of now it's 18+ inches of snow. The winds last night were 30 mph with gusts of 60 mph. The drifts are over 4' tall I'll get pictures soon.

We only received about 8" here but the wind was so strong its pretty much blowing it off the road..here is a video I made while driving to work this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=ehOd2ksTJtY

We didn't get hit too badly here in Toronto. In fact I probably could have come into work yesterday but the schools were closed so I took the opporutnity to stay home and play with the kids!

Latest posts