Bimini Top Installation Video

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bcbouy said:
mine is held together with wire lock pins and 1 or 2 clevis pins.comes apart and folds up in seconds.now i just need a way to magiver some frame clips(the ones that keep the frame stacked so they don't rub).if anyone has any ideas,please share.

I may not completely understand what you mean by frame clips. I wrap a couple of velcro straps around the frames to hold everything together when folded up.

BTW, I just picked up side curtains for the windshield boat. I actually left the boat at the dealer while I was out of town on vacation so the canvass guy could make them. I look forward to having them this winter.

Edit: I like the idea of using a couple of clevis pins to make folding the top easier/quicker. Another thing for the ever growing boat "to-do" list.

I also use velcro straps but with a 4 bow the tops do not stack well up top by the vinyl and they rub.frame clips keep them all stacked on top of each other.

i dont like the way my top lays when droppd. i took a large pool noodle, cut it in half, slit it lenghtwise and wrap it over the frame when trailering or not using.. i might take the top off for the fall. but it really doesnt effect me or the back guy when fishing.

the wife is going to order me some rubber blocks 6"x2"x1" and i'm going to try and fab up something with them with the milling/drill press at work.i'll post the results.

bcbouy said:
the wife is going to order me some rubber blocks 6"x2"x1" and i'm going to try and fab up something with them with the milling/drill press at work.i'll post the results.

I would love to the results. I'm actually thinking about rigging up some hangers on mine to hang my hat and a small blue tooth speaker.

Decided to flip mine around this weekend and works great! Better centered and allows the back chair head clearance. I need to move the rear anchors up maybe six inches as the rear straps are maxed out.
c0a9e8ecf5c6f84e3a5284338f454f2e.jpg