Boat security

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year they stole 7 reels only, Garcia 5500C3 bait casters, took them off the rods and left them in the boat. Stole my battery charger that was on charge!!
Tackle boxes were left i place.
I had built a three sided boat stall covered with tin beside my house with a good heavy duty pad lock on the double doors, and they just kicked the doors in and stole what they wanted. It was at night. Now I bring all rods, GPS and depth finder into my house after every trip. I have 2 on board Motor Guide 6 amp battery chargers and they stay in the boat.
Now my alarm is Smith & Wesson

Not sure if you have one, but a $12-$25 security light mounted to your house will help deter them for starters. A sign in your boat reading "Protected by alarm system and Glock" will help. :lol: if you are worried about it being broken into while eating, just park where you can see your boat from inside the resturante. Not always possible but always helps. I remember just reading in his blog on Bassmaster.com, where KVD installed a new alarm on his boat and a woman parked right next to his boat, got out and set her coffee mug on the deck and set the alarm off. Might be more than you want to spend but worth looking into if you're that worried about the contents in your boat.

This should work! Unless you're Chuck Norris. Then....whatever you want is yours for the taking. :LOL2:

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 203
You can get a small alarm from harbor freight for $3.99 and set it up on your hatch or place it somewhere that the slightest movement will set it off. If you go inside a restaurant set it on your rods where if someone touches them the alarm goes off. they are pretty loud when set in the alarm mode. They are activated when the two parts move away from each other.

https://www.harborfreight.com/door-window-entry-alarm-94983.html