boils

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang.....

Peroxide and epson salt will be your friend.... Make a good salt mix with hot as you can stand it water hold that on there with a clean rag/sponge after cleaning with peroxide. I've never had one that bad either, but I've lanced them and used the method I explained with good results.

Andy said:
Dang.....

Peroxide and epson salt will be your friend.... Make a good salt mix with hot as you can stand it water hold that on there with a clean rag/sponge after cleaning with peroxide. I've never had one that bad either, but I've lanced them and used the method I explained with good results.

thanks andy i been doing that its no where as bad as it was the second one is another one coming on not waiting any longer seeing the doctor this afternoon the pain from the last one was unreal

Thanks for sharing the pictures. #-o Once they open up like that, any good drying agent like salt, peroxide, etc will speed up the healing process and ease the pain. Warm compresses also help alot.

What did the doctor say ??

hardwatergrampa said:
a guy at work last night told me his dad use to get them all the time and the best thing to use on them is saltpork said it sucks the core right out of them

I've actually heard that from more than one source.

Okay... I'm officially grossed out. And to think, I held back on posting the picture from the ER of what a wood chisel can do to a guys hand.

Hope one of these remedies takes care of ya, and hope I never get one of um. Someone mentioned soaking in hot salt water. My bet is that will help the healing much.

well just got home at 830 the doc said he hadnt seen one like it in a while he took his twicers and sunk them down in to the boial and grabed the core and pulled it out you talk about about PAIN then took a long cuetip stuck it in the hole and cleaned it up the q-tip is being sent to the lab for testing then he asked if i was ok then did the same thing to the second one but the core didnt want to come out on that one so he dug a little deeper and the core broke so he had to keep digging untill he got it all he said they were caused by a bacterial virus and put me on 2000mg of cephalexin for ten days i have to go back in 2 weeks for a check up now its time for the rum

an indian friend told me one of the best things to use on them is tomato past said the acid in it pulls the core out also said they use to use honey as well

hardwatergrampa said:
an indian friend told me one of the best things to use on them is tomato past said the acid in it pulls the core out also said they use to use honey as well
I would have thought an Indian would have recommended Currie Powder, while an Italian would have suggested Tomato Paste. :wink:

when they ca the doctor called thursday said it was a staff infection got a call friday afternoon to call the office asap they said the second one came back with some type of new bactera called msra or something like that had to go get some other kind of pills just my luck

hardwatergrampa said:
when they ca the doctor called thursday said it was a staff infection got a call friday afternoon to call the office asap they said the second one came back with some type of new bactera called msra or something like that had to go get some other kind of pills just my luck

Don't screw around with this one... Follow your doctor's orders implicitly... It's a strain of staph that's resistant to the broad-spectrum antibiotics commonly used to treat it. MRSA can be fatal.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735

Latest posts