Can't Decide on a caliber

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably just a bit late, but wanted to add the following...

"Without the barrel gap plus the longer barrel you'll probably get 100 to 200fps increase over a 6"revolver." Actually, most .357 mag loads will go 300-500 FPS faster in the carbine than in a 6" revolver. You can get upwards of 1800-1900 FPS with 158 grainers with the right powder, primer, etc. You an also go with something like Buffalo Bore ammo to get similar performance.

I have a Marlin 1894C myself, and it is a blast to shoot. Very easy to smooth up yourself if your somewhat handy.

Sounds like whichever you choose though, you really can't go wrong. The rifle cartridges have greater range, but the pistol cartridges are cheaper to shoot. Ain't it great to have choices? :mrgreen:

Best of luck with whichever you choose!
Ringo

To heck with the lever gun...

images

:mrgreen:

I own several levers from a .22, .44,. 357, .45-70, and a 30-30. My 45-70 doesnt even get fired its my bear gun in alaska. The .22 is usually grabbed for squrriels and rabbits. I like the .44 its cheap and fun to shoot but I want something more. 9 times out of 10 I grab my trusty marlin 30-30! Cant go wrong with that! It was my first rifle. It has a smoke on it since its a side eject instead of a top eject. I would go 30-30. We hunt hugs in florida all the time and I will always grab my 30-30 for that job!

Winchester makes a great 30-30 also! I just wanted a scope and sights so I went with marlin(plus it was a gift)

Latest posts