Cause 40,000 dollar bass boats are overrated

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Fished a one-on-one (single angler) tournament this morning on Lakeville. Two days earlier I fished a normal 4 hour tournament there and boated 7 keepers while my coangler didn't catch any. Kept us alive (took 7th essentially by myself), so I decided I had to give this one on one a shot. There were 18 boats, all but 2 (mine and a buddy's) were fiberglass bass boats, majority being newer rangers, a brand new z-7, and a couple skeeters.

The guys who show up for these one on ones know their stuff, that's for sure. I was expecting to get my face stomped in, but luckily the fishing was tough.. meaning I had a better chance of placing. They killed basically every weed in the lake, so it was tough to get on them. Docks, pontoons, and any bottom composition change I could find seemed to do the trick. I spent 4/6 hours in the same cove, boating countless shorts. I've never been one to leave a spot when the bite is on, even if the quality is low, just because you never know when the big bite will occur...

I only managed 5 keepers in the 6 hour tournament, but it filled out a good 8.2 pound limit.. after losing 1/2 pound for two dead fish (one hooked in the gills, the other died 15 mins before weigh in :evil: ) Ended up costing me pretty big, but luckily an 8 pound bag is above average for this lake, with 10 being the upper end.

Took 4th place, meaning I was IN THE MONAY!

Score one for the tinboats... Make that two... My buddy (I'm a coangler for him wednesday nights... man I fish a lot :roll: ) fished as well from his 1754 basstracker. He knows the lake as well, if not better than I do, but only caught 1 keeper. Atleast the tinboats weren't getting skunked!

Attachments

• Lakeville 7-10-10 (2).JPG
    Lakeville 7-10-10 (2).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 338
:twisted: Good day for you. =D> Bass Pro Mike Iaconelli fished here in South Jersey for the past two weeks and got beat by locals. By the way those expensive bass boats are the real deal.

fish devil said:
Bass Pro Mike Iaconelli fished here in South Jersey for the past two weeks and got beat by locals.

Ike is kind of overrated if you ask me... don't get me wrong, he's a great angler, but I just don't see him performing very well on unfarmiliar waters... contrary to what you see on city limits fishing :lol: Speaking of which, a guy that works at the local bass pro was the guy to take Ike out for one of his shows... can't remember if it was St. Clair or a great lake.

fish devil said:
By the way those expensive bass boats are the real deal.
I feel like I'm just missing out on size more than anything else... I flipped one into the boat today and it shot right over the boat and **** near touched water on the other side :shock:

Good catchin' Those weeded lakes are pretty hard to get a bite in. Locating them can be frustrating.

Those glass boats are the real deal - real lotta cash laid out or a whole lot of payments being made on them. I think it would take some of the fun out of fishing if you scratch your new gel coat on the dock on the way out, or just knowing you laid out $450 that month on the payment for the new Ranger. My boat is just perfect for me and one other fisherman. I can still get real shallow if I have to, I have a livewell along with and all sorts of storage. Fishing from our 'modified' rigs is a blast!

As you are proving week in and week out - It's not the boat that catches the fish. :LOL2:

dyeguy1212 said:
I feel like I'm just missing out on size more than anything else... I flipped one into the boat today and it shot right over the boat and **** near touched water on the other side :shock:

You can gain the size without switching to fiberglass. Large aluminum bass boats can be had. I'm not talking about the cookie cutter ones either. I'm talking heavy duty ones, that are similar in weight to the glass counterpart, but can easily withstand small arms fire, concrete low head dams, etc. Just sayin....

bassboy1 said:
dyeguy1212 said:

You can gain the size without switching to fiberglass. Large aluminum bass boats can be had. I'm not talking about the cookie cutter ones either. I'm talking heavy duty ones, that are similar in weight to the glass counterpart, but can easily withstand small arms fire, concrete low head dams, etc. Just sayin....

Haha I know what you're saying! I saw an aluminum skeeter on CL a few weeks back that really caught my eye. As long as the boat has the speed, storage, and fishablilty I need, I couldnt care less what its made of. I'd really like to be able to fish an aluminum boat for a long time, but I doubt I'd be able to find one that I could hang a 225 on :lol: I've spent a lot of time this year trying to find spots that other people won't find (or won't find attractive enough to fish first) so that I don't get burned with my 40 horse. There's always a better spot in the back of my head, but majority of the time its not worth the gamble. That's really my main reason for wanting to upgrade ASAP.

Plus fast boats are flat-out badass. :|

dyeguy1212 said:
I'd really like to be able to fish an aluminum boat for a long time, but I doubt I'd be able to find one that I could hang a 225 on

Here ya go Dyeguy, and this one you could even hang a 250 on. The Xpress X21, only $44,000 and it could be yours to fish a long time :D It even comes in red(without glitter).

Attachments

• x1.jpg
    x1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 197
  • x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 197