Cedarville Lake 5/27

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish devil

Reaction score
:twisted: 7:30Am-12:30PM Sunny, calm, 50-65 air temps, 63-67 water temps, stained.

Felt more like skeeterville early morning. The lack of wind brought out the nasty gnats, which proceeded to attack me for the first few hours. I hung in there and started pitching the Strike King jig/chunk. It did not take long for my first bite. After pitching the lure into a submerged brush pile, I let it sit for about five seconds. The line starts moving and "whamoo" I set the hook. Solid 4lb 2oz largie. That was it for the jig. A slight breeze helped clear out the bugs. Broke out the crankbaits(DT-3, SK series 4) and Boogee Bait. Caught six largies and a pikerel. Total count was seven keepers, one short and one snot rocket.

Nice fish. Have you ever tried a ThermaCell for the bugs. I never leave the dock without one anymore. They really work well for gnats and mosquitos.

Sounds like a pretty decent day!
johnnybassboat said:
Nice fish. Have you ever tried a ThermaCell for the bugs. I never leave the dock without one anymore. They really work well for gnats and mosquitos.
X2 I love my thermacell! I thought it was a gimmick when I first heard about them but they're awesome!