conceal carry pistol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm new here but I alternate depending on my wardrobe. I either carry a G23 w/ night sights (shorts/jeans) and 2 spare 15rd mags or a Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry II w/ night sights (dress clothes) and 3 spare 7rd mags . All my weapons are carried in Condition 1 ( round chambered and ready to fire) .
My BUG is a ankle holstered S&W 640 J-frame unless I'm wearing shorts.

Some mentioned nightstand gun. Mine is what ever I carrying that day.

YMMV

Vic

Started with a bersa thunder 380, but the design printed pretty bad. Switched up to a Kahr CW40 and couldn't be happier. Super thin, lightweight, and you get the ballistics of a 40. win-win-win in my book. Fairly easy on the wallet too.

Smith and Wesson 5906 9mm para here. It's heavy but if you run out of ammo the steel frame is a useful bludgeon. The only reason I don't mind the weight is no matter what that pistol will fire when you squeeze the trigger.

I carry every day, most days its a 5" Dan Wesson Valor, sometimes its a 4" S&W 686+.

Weight isn't a big deal as long as you get a good belt (Most important, get one that is designed for carrying a gun), and a good holster (Don't skimp, look at the Milt Sparks VMII for IWB Carry).

I cc a SIG 938. 300 rounds an d ZERO problems. Just like a mini 1911. I also got a new SCCY CPX2. 9mm. Best dame gun for the price on the market right now. Wife has a 8 shot Charter Arms 22 LR.

I carry different guns depending on what I am wearing , mostly a Ruger SR 1911 commander, sw638, Glock 30, Ruger lc9

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=367141#p367141 said:
Cashew » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:37 pm[/url]"]Ruger LC9, pocket carry most of the time. Buddy has SR9 it's nice but too much for carry, sadly gets left home.

That happens a lot. People buy a big gun to carry then don't carry it because it is too big. Not against big guns, just make sure you also have something you can carry wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt. If I am bundled up for winter a large .357 revolver will work. If it is 95 degrees in the shade a Ruger LCP is just fine.

My issue is work clothing - can't wear shirt & tie and have a big lump protruding. I used to carry a Kahr MK9 which was an exceptional little gun - but I found my H&K P7 fits my ankle holster as well as IWB and was only marginally longer in the grip and barrel. After seeing the MK9 sitting just collecting dust for a while I sold it & carry the P7. The Kahr had an excellent trigger, far better than the glock 27 I had before it - it just couldn't compete with the P7.

Of course if I could have my way I'd carry my HK P9S, but it's got a threaded barrel and now here in CT that makes it a scary and extra dangerous "assault weapon," which can only be transported unloaded with its certificate - makes concealed carry with it a non-option.

Having to file a form with the state to restrict my use of a piece of property, which I owned legally already, to avoid being a felon (and losing my license for work) was one of the most ridiculous examples of collective stupidity on the part of the people of this state and the half-wit knee-jerk legislators they elected. All so they can tout that they did "something" in the wake of Sandy Hook, even though it amounts to nothing but a hassle for decent people in the end. The cowards wouldn't touch the issue of mental health - that involves restricting the rights of people without the ability enjoy their rights responsibly, and that is politically bad -> but they used opportunity to further their own agendas of restricting gun ownership while that was politically feasible...

onthewater102 said:
Of course if I could have my way I'd carry my HK P9S, but it's got a threaded barrel and now here in CT that makes it a scary and extra dangerous "assault weapon," which can only be transported unloaded with its certificate - makes concealed carry with it a non-option.

Having to file a form with the state to restrict my use of a piece of property, which I owned legally already, to avoid being a felon (and losing my license for work) was one of the most ridiculous examples of collective stupidity on the part of the people of this state and the half-wit knee-jerk legislators they elected. All so they can tout that they did "something" in the wake of Sandy Hook, even though it amounts to nothing but a hassle for decent people in the end. The cowards wouldn't touch the issue of mental health - that involves restricting the rights of people without the ability enjoy their rights responsibly, and that is politically bad -> but they used opportunity to further their own agendas of restricting gun ownership while that was politically feasible...
I feel for ya, we lost a lot in the last election here I'm Wa too, libs are getting the uneducated to vote for this stupid stuff that won't do any good

A little late to the party, but I love my little Walther PPS .40. Not nearly as much fun to shoot as my full size PPQ, but it shoots really well, conceals really well IWB (I primarily use a CompTac Minotaur), and is light enough to toss in a Remora holster in my gym shorts for when I go running or biking. If I use the smallest mag, it practically disappears. All of these things help me feel comfortable carrying and thus, I carry it SO much more often than I ever did when I just had a full size pistol.

For a size comparison, they are about like the M&P Shield: nice little single-stack semi auto pistol. On a side note, while I LOVE my Walther, some people have issues with the German/HK-style mag release built into the trigger guard. I love it, but a lot of people struggle with it because it's not what they are used to. Also, the Shield is better value for your money in my opinion. I like the Walther more, but it is a bit more expensive, and having shot both quite a bit, I struggle to see what warrants the extra cost.

I love gun talk...

Ruger LC9 w/ laser sight does it for me. Can't beat the laser for a self-defense pistol. For a Summer wear, it is the S&W 380 Bodyguard, also w/ laser.

The original LC9s had long, lOnG, LoNG, LONG trigger pulls, but the latest striker-fired LC9s fixed that. Still, I have shot 2" groups w/ mine early LC9 at 50', so she's surely capable.

Yeah - I was torn between that sweet little LC9s and the Solo...ended up going with the Solo b/c it's the same size as the LCP other than the slide thickness, so on my ankle it doesn't print at all.

The difference between the two LC9's (striker non-striker) is insane. I doubt Ruger sells many DAO LC9's anymore they really outdid themselves.

M&P Shield .40 cal. Next purchase is going to be a Kimber CDP II with Crimson Trace grips