crossbow shopping

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fool4fish1226 said:
Just ordered the PSE Dream Season RDX 365 in skullworks camo can't wait to try it out - It will be replacing a very old Barnett rc-150

I got it and truly love it!! very nice shooting weapon

satx78247 said:
fool4fish1226,

Have you WHACKED at WT yet???

yours, satx

Nope no WT with it yet maybe later this season during general gun I will have a chance - we will see. I do plan a hog hunt hopefully in February which will most likely be when I bloody it up the first time.

Still out window shopping. I think I'm going to go with a Parker Tornado F4. I am going to go shoot it first and then make that final decision. Plus I have to save a few more dollars. I like the fit to me, the life time warranty and it's made here in America. Thoughts on this crossbow? I can get it through wyvern creations for $50 less than the box stores, plus a dozen extra bolts, a case, and some hunting broadheads. Plus it is a small shop with superb customer satisfaction from what I have read.

Jim,

My advice still is the same. a <200.oo used Yukon SL crossbow by Horton.

The Yukon will do about everything that the new ones will. - That's why I haven't spent the $$$$$$$$$$ for a newer X-bow & a pass-through by a 3-blade broad-head is equally deadly out of any XB.
(I prefer spending my money on hunting trips.)

Nonetheless, THE IMPORTANT THING is getting one before hunting season is over for the year, imVho.

NOTE: I can hardly wait for WT season to end, as I cannot hunt pigs or AXIS DEER until after the regular season.
(NO closed season on either of those here in south TX.)

yours, satx

Latest posts