Dam dogs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MeanMouth said:
shamoo said:
Sorry to hear this Andy, I'm praying for a complete recovery. I cant understand why people arent getting the message, these are nasty dogs!!!!! :evil:
Thanks to the media. Dog bites don't just come from Pit Bulls, but people sure do pay attention when the circumstance involves them.

I actually just read somewhere that Rottweilers killed more people one year than pitbulls recently. Let me see if I can find that article.

I was at a dog show once talking to a vendor. You were allowed to bring your dogs. To my right about 5 feet away stood this little 4-5 year old girl. 10 feet away to my right stood this lady holding a beast of a Rottweiler. Out of the blue this dog lunges at the little girl and the lady had a hard time controlling the Rottie. Pandemonium ensued as you could imagine. Luckily the dog never reached the girl. All I remember is the lady saying "He has never done anything like this" He is friendly".

I am still not a fan of Pits. I have been preconditioned I guess. When I see one, I pull my kids close to me and reach into my waistband.

Jim said:
MeanMouth said:
shamoo said:
Sorry to hear this Andy, I'm praying for a complete recovery. I cant understand why people arent getting the message, these are nasty dogs!!!!! :evil:
Thanks to the media. Dog bites don't just come from Pit Bulls, but people sure do pay attention when the circumstance involves them.

I actually just read somewhere that Rottweilers killed more people one year than pitbulls recently. Let me see if I can find that article.

I was at a dog show once talking to a vendor. You were allowed to bring your dogs. To my right about 5 feet away stood this little 4-5 year old girl. 10 feet away to my right stood this lady holding a beast of a Rottweiler. Out of the blue this dog lunges at the little girl and the lady had a hard time controlling the Rottie. Pandemonium ensued as you could imagine. Luckily the dog never reached the girl. All I remember is the lady saying "He has never done anything like this" He is friendly".

I am still not a fan of Pits. I have been preconditioned I guess. When I see one, I pull my kids close to me and reach into my waistband.
I don't blame you, or anyone else for that matter. Everyone has to watch their backs these days; and not just because of dogs. All I'm saying, is that you don't hear the stories of small dogs biting children, because most people look at them and turn the other cheek.

Pits are aggressive, and like I said before, it's scary to think that some people own such powerful animals, but don't acknowledge that they are STILL dogs.

MeanMouth said:
shamoo said:

There will always be the pit bull rights person....food for thought, the media probably doesn't cover too many small dog attacks becuase the damages are nothing in comparison to what a pitbull is breed to do.

perchin said:
MeanMouth said:
shamoo said:

There will always be the pit bull rights person....food for thought, the media probably doesn't cover too many small dog attacks becuase the damages are nothing in comparison to what a pitbull is breed to do.
I'm not a "rights" person, because like I said before, it takes a responsible and attentive owner to own a Pit. Food for thought, that's like saying a .22 caliber bullet doesn't do as much damage as a .308 round. They both do damage smart guy; does it really matter the extent when it comes to the well being of a person?

I didn't create this post to be controversial or start any kind of dispute between Pit owner/supporters and those opposed to them. I guess it was more along the lines of please keep her in your thoughts. I don't think this is the web site for bashing each others ideas. I would appreciate you guys being civil towards each other and any opinion they express here. We can agree to disagree on many things without being argumentative. Not saying anyone has gotten out of hand, but on another site there were some pretty serious confrontations and name calling.

My appologies to you popeye. And I do care about the Woman who got attacked, and the family that it effects.

MeanMouth wrote the following:
****Food for thought, that's like saying a .22 caliber bullet doesn't do as much damage as a .308 round. They both do damage smart guy; does it really matter the extent when it comes to the well being of a person?****

:roll: :roll: why call names??? and I said the media not me "smart guy" :roll: :roll:

Popeye, First off, I am sorry that I missed this earlier, I am sorry to hear about this. Truly you all have my prayers.

As for this thread, facts are facts. a dog is like any other annimal, they were act upon their teachings and how they are handled. The responsibility of the dog lies on the owner! If they are not responsible for their animals, then they should be held accountable no matter what they animal. I have a big dog, and he doesnt go outside in the front yard without my wife or me with him. He's not aggressive, we have trained him that way. However, he is defensive.

The problem is there are a lot of people out there that dont want to be responsible for their dogs. If they can't handle the responsibility of the dog, they shouldn't have them.

perchin said:
My appologies to you popeye. And I do care about the Woman who got attacked, and the family that it effects.

MeanMouth wrote the following:
****Food for thought, that's like saying a .22 caliber bullet doesn't do as much damage as a .308 round. They both do damage smart guy; does it really matter the extent when it comes to the well being of a person?****

:roll: :roll: why call names??? and I said the media not me "smart guy" :roll: :roll:
:roll: Don't get offended from being called "smart guy", and I won't be offended as being referred to as a "rights person". You made an assumption, just like I did. Don't try and get sympathy from being called...smart guy. Is that a "name" by the way?

But yes, I do feel bad that someone else has been attacked by a dog, who was let loose to run and have contact with an innocent person; just like any other animal (including humans), there will always be the ones who act without much thought. I was merely trying to show my point in that manner; and I sincerely hope she is feeling better by now.

Latest posts