Day 1 of my New modified V project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chase55tx said:
Took her out for a test run today. My 1986 Johnson ran great until I hit the higher RPM's and it felt like the prop lost thrust and the RPMS went way up. The pin is just fine on the propeller. Any suggestions.

Yep, your prop bushing is shot. Just happened to me a couple weeks ago. Take it to a Prop shop, and they will be able to replace the rubber bushing.

FYI - the bushing's purpose is to act like a "shock absorber" between the outer hub of the prop and the center metal spline.

Please check with Thompsons and verify that the sealant does not negatively react with the aluminum hull.

Nice looking boat.

CMOS

Awesome pic! :D

CMOS is telling you right. The hub spun. Had it happen to us last Thursday while on the Sabine River. Take it to a prop shop and tell them to press you in a new hub. +/- $50
It's just part of owning a boat motor. :wink:

Thanks for sharing the pic! Is that on the Colorado River?

M
Tyler, Texas

Thanks for the info on the prop. Fantastic news. $50 no brainer..

Now I need to find a prop shop.

CF

There's a good family owned prop shop in Houston called Mike Hoods Marine: https://www.mikehoodprops.com/

You can ship it to them with a simple note as to what you want done. I've used them on and off for 25+ years.

CMOS