DIY Shallow Water Anchor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about a Wang anchor? I've seen them on bow and stern applications even trolling motor mounts. You could even work a Clovis pin to hold it up for a quicker release.

A40C5A71-75FB-4174-8909-A5BE296BE041-23215-0000463307E49BBB.jpg

Ill probably end up resorting back to something like this. I'm just trying to make things more difficult than they are.

Plus it's so versatile anchor, push pole, attach a magnet and now you've got a key retriever Plus get creative for multiple mounting locations

ACAA3ABD-E932-4FEC-96F2-40BB342F76BD-23333-0000465B83BABC3D.jpg

theyyounggun said:
Ill probably end up resorting back to something like this. I'm just trying to make things more difficult than they are.

The golden rule...

K.I.S.S.

P.s. Be very careful googling "Wang Anchor". It appears there are more than one version out there.

Don't mention to hijack but I have been researching and there are a ton of diy projects for a shallow water anchor. But I have not seen anyone using T-Post. I have a 12ft Lowe V-hull that has a set of handles on the transom and I was thinking of running a 7ft t-post through each of the handles (if necessary). I would grind one end into a spike and drill holes in the post to add attachment rings as required. Besides the additional weight is there any other disadvantage? Do you think this would work for rocky bottom?