Do you drink and fish?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you drink and fish?

• I don't drink and fish

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Fishing time = Drinking time

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • On occasion, but not as a habit

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • I don't drink at all

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters
i dont drink when i go out for the day,but when the wife and i are camping in the middle of nowhere for weeks at a time its beer all day every day.the lakes we fish are small lakes and usually deserted for days at a time.

I bring a few beers with me when I fish. I don't see a problem if you keep it under control and don't get buzzed or anything. I am one of those guys that goes to the liquor store and "builds my own 6 pack". I like the taste of all kinds of beers. If I am a passenger I will drink a little more but I never get drunk on the water while fishing. But there are just as many times I go out and do not drink. Moderation people. Everything legal is alright in moderation.

Now a long night of cat fishing setting limb lines and trot lines, I'll get sloshed at the campsite before bed. Those are some of the most fun times ever. Middle of nowhere with nothing to do until morning. Oh look someone brought a 12 pack. :lol: That and some of my friends don't drink at all so 95% of the time there is a sober person along.

I voted on occasion, but not as habbit, I haven't been drunk in over 20 years. I average maybe a case of beer in a years time. When I do drink while fishing it is only when camping on private property, sitting around the camp fire while listening for the bells on the poles to go off. I will not drink while on the water.

I mostly catfish and Leesville Lake here is pretty deserted in the day much less at night so yes I take a few beers on the boat but when we fish from the bank its usually at least a 12 pack and maybe a little shine. But I only live maybe a mile from the water and half of that is on the farm

BaitCaster said:
I love fishing from a dock with a cooler full of beer at my side. Never take it in the boat. I won't even take one beer out with me in the boat. Penalties are too stiff if you get caught.

I'm with you BaitCaster.
Definitely love a couple cases of beer with some buddies on the dock, toss in a pickerel rig and your set. Catch ratio definitely gets worse and worse with the more beers you drink but it's still a good time catching a tonne of perch and walleye. No beer in the boat though, you get caught and your screwed!

I fish in the early morning. Don't have time to finish my coffee. Matter of fact I most often spill my coffee. Too early for beer and I would hate to spill my beer.

Really just depends on how serious i am about fishing that day. If its just a nice day and im more concerned with enjoying the day ill have a drink or two out there. If i want to fish (most of the time) I dont drink at all. I think I have drinken on my boat twice in the last two years. Although i dont completely rule it out I think i enjoy fishing and being on my boat enough as it is i dont need a drink. I will have a few if im sitting there catfishing but that is once in a blue moon just cause my buddies peer pressure me and i get restless because i really dislike catfishing sitting and waiting.

Latest posts