Dog help needed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
caveman said:
Jim
My male boxer does that (pee) to my sister everytime she comes over now i have to let him out before i can let her in the house and she will not go out back were he is,only her on on else :LOL2:

:LOL2:
We do the same thing! "Grab the dog, throw him out back, or he will pee on (Insert persons name)and the floor".

Jim said:
DocWatson said:
One thing that no one has mentioned is a behavioral issue. Dogs develop neuroses, just like people. You might want to check out the Dog Whisperer and Ask Cesar where you can get some advice or input.

Not sure if your joking, but I believe this. The wife says he only scratches when I'm around. :LOL2:
No joke. This guy is amazing. His show is on National Geographic channel and his insight into a dog's mentality is eerie and usually right on point. He is able to correct a behavior issue in minutes that the owners have been trying to correct for months or years. His tag line is "I rehabilitate dogs. I train people." Bad behavior in dogs is almost always caused by the owner's improper interaction with the dog.

DocWatson said:
Jim said:
DocWatson said:
One thing that no one has mentioned is a behavioral issue. Dogs develop neuroses, just like people. You might want to check out the Dog Whisperer and Ask Cesar where you can get some advice or input.

Not sure if your joking, but I believe this. The wife says he only scratches when I'm around. :LOL2:
No joke. This guy is amazing. His show is on National Geographic channel and his insight into a dog's mentality is eerie and usually right on point. He is able to correct a behavior issue in minutes that the owners have been trying to correct for months or years. His tag line is "I rehabilitate dogs. I train people." Bad behavior in dogs is almost always caused by the owner's improper interaction with the dog.

Couldn't agree more actually. That guy is amazing.

I just wish his methods were conducive to hunting dogs.

On a side note, anyone ever see the episode of South Park with the Dog Whisperer where Cartman's mom can't get Cartman to behave so she tries all the Super Nanny reality shows with no luck and resorts to the Dog Whisperer to try to whip her son into shape? Absolutely hysterical... Mostly because it's true: if parents these days would take even SOME of the advice Cesar gives for dog behavior and apply it to their parenting, the world would probably be a better place...

breachless said:
Jim said:
DocWatson said:

Couldn't agree more actually. That guy is amazing.

I just wish his methods were conducive to hunting dogs.
Human hunting is not a "pack" activity and I would think is not "instinctive" behavior for a dog. But, it certainly can be taught. Cesar seems to work with a dog's instincts and pack mentality to modify their behavior & get them in what he refers to as a "calm, submissive state" of "balanced behavior". I'd suspect that if you established yourself as "pack leader" you could train your dogs to hunt more easily using modified methods of Cesar's techniques.

On a side note, anyone ever see the episode of South Park with the Dog Whisperer where Cartman's mom can't get Cartman to behave so she tries all the Super Nanny reality shows with no luck and resorts to the Dog Whisperer to try to whip her son into shape? Absolutely hysterical... Mostly because it's true: if parents these days would take even SOME of the advice Cesar gives for dog behavior and apply it to their parenting, the world would probably be a better place...
Amen !!

Latest posts