dumb question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlt21

Reaction score
I have a 1981 9.9 johnson longshaft outboard tiller steer. I cant find my book that I got with my outboard to look it up.. So my q is this my outboard has manual trim or til what ever it is called there are five holes if I use the lowest hole = closest to boat what does it do and what would the furtherst hole do?? what effects would that cause?

Ever boat has it's setting where it works the best.
Depending on the size outboard,boat and shape hull.
Closest to the boat normally makes the bow go down and furthest raises the bow.You will have to find your best seting for your boat....it will stop the porpoising or other problems.

Like Zum said the closest hole to the boat puts the front of the boat down, the furtherest hole away from the boat lifts the front of the boat out of the water. What you have to remember is this is different depending on how you have your boat loaded also. If you normally fish by yourself with tiller steer you may have one setting that works best, add someone in the front of the boat and you may need to go a notch or so closer to the boat to give more lift on the front. Power tilt and trim is nice just for this reason. I have 2 different settings I use depending on if I fish alone or have someone fishing with me that day. Hope this helps.

Tight Lines

Flintcreek

Latest posts