Duracraft: What would you pay ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Ark

Reaction score
Been looking around for an older Duracraft or SeaArk and came across a Duracraft on Craigslist. Owner has it priced way high and it's been listed for a couple of months. Hull and trailer year is 08 and flawless. Engine is an old Johnson 70 2 Stroke which are typically known to be great engines. I am guessing engine is late 80's to early 90's but he is going to send me a pic of the serial number and I can figure out the year. Never seen saltwater YET... I fish the flats so it will see saltwater. More of a bassboat but the windshield will go away as will that trolling motor and I'd replace it. None the less, curious what would you consider paying assuming everything checked out mechanically with the engine? Hull and trailer are as new. Thanks.

Peace out

duracraft.jpg

Here's what NADA Boats says in the Midwest. I used 1990 for the Motor.
https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2008/Duracraft-Marine-Inc/1750-BASIC-BAY__/10254632/values

FWIW, up here in the Northeast I find NADA values to be up to 40% 'low' for what a good/clean/serviceable rig should sell retail for. Thus it is GREAT if you're the Buyer!

Tip - OMC/Bomb uses the 10-letter word of 'INTRODUCES' in place of the numbers '1, 2, 3 ... thru 8, 9, 0'. So if you had 'CD' at the end the serial number (that would be like J70TLCD or similar) that would be '86' for an 1986 model year.

If some other 'weird' letter is at the end of the s/n (that isn't in the word INTRODUCES ... ignore it, that is a mid-year model update.

Thanks, that NADA came in at a low of $5400 and change. It has been for sale for a LONG LONG time at about $6200 as in 9 weeks and with the holidays approaching, I would guess it'll be sitting longer unless the seller is agreeable to adjustments and I think he is based on discussion. The only catch if there is one for me is that while I do not mind the side console, I fish in Oyster Bed infested water so STANDING and running is mandatory. I would have to either replace or modify that console to make it a bit taller as if it were a CC but just mounted off to the side. Aside from replacing the control cables, maybe everything else should be easy enough.

Anyone seen any "tall" side consoles "

Tin Ark said:
I would have to either replace or modify that console to make it a bit taller as if it were a CC but just mounted off to the side. Aside from replacing the control cables, maybe everything else should be easy enough.
Yes, I'd bet you'd need longer engine and steering cables, as usually there's enough extra engine electrical harness somewhere in a gunnel to make it work (else keep the ignition switch [if separate from the control] mounted low as it is now ...).

I'd raise it ... just wear your safety lanyard/ignition kill whislt running ... :wink: