Esquired's Creations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMDave

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going to review Esquired's tube bait and his senko.

First off, these baits are great! I caught all my smallmouths (3 so far lol) on his senko and tubes. I have also caught a largemouth bass, but have only used his lures twice, so we'll see how they do consistently. So far, however, his baits are very consistent, have GREAT action, and just flat out catch fish! The downside, they tear after 1-2 fish, or even after being hooked too long. You can put them to a lighter, melting the holes together, but it's just not the same. There is also a flat bottom to the senkos, but don't worry. I think this flat bottom adds to the action, creating better darting action than traditional round stick baits, but is not even noticable in the water. I'm not to certain on the senko's sink rate, because I have only used them on carolina rigs. I have not fished these guys wacky rigged either. The tubes are the perfet size for jigheads with 2/0-3/0 hooks, and 2/0 EWG hooks if you are carolina rigging or texas rigging. The senkos also look like they would be killer on a drop shot rig. From what I can tell, the senko is prett bouyant which makes and UNREAL action in the water.

For pics of the fish, check out my post "Today on the Delaware" in the fishing reports section.

Durability: 20/25
This bait is VERY delicate (maybe exactly like the GYCB), but can be fixed with a lighter. Although flame does not fix

every hole and tear, it does help somewhat. The tube is very durable however.

Action: 25/25
If I could give it a 26, I would. The action is UNREAL! Although basically every tube looks the same in the water regardless of brand, the senko is just amazing. Simply amazing. The action far surpasses any other stickbait I've ever seen, and may be on parr with the GYCB senko (although I've never caught anything on the GYCB on the last 2 outings, but 5 fish with Esquired's tube). The action will compensate for the durability of the bait. A++++++++

Sink rate: 25/25
I've never REALLY fished this bait weightless, but from what I can tell, it has a perfect sink, watching the slack leader from carolina rig sink. Awesome job as well!

Color: 25/25
If there is a "magic" color for tubes or senkos, this would be it. Although I cannot tell if the senko is black or an extremely dark watermelon, the tube is black/smoke. I have thrown a green pumpkin zoom tube before, then caught nothing, but switched to Esquired's tube, and instantly hooked up with a bronzeback. Awesome. These are really "magic" colors. I don't know what it is about these colors that differ from other bait companies, but they are seriously just... awesome!

Overall: 95/100
Awesome job Esquired! The only downsides are the softness. If you can just tweak it up a BIT, that'd be great. A little firmer than your baits right now, but softer than Jim's worms. Also, I don't know how large-scale companies do it, but when you recieve their tubes, the tentacles are already seperated. Yours are stuck together and take a while to seperate them individually. But over all, your baits are my new confidence bait for sure! Thanks Esquired!!!

Thanks Dude - pulling apart the tentacles is part of the fun I left for you!

The Senkos are not really black, just a very dark green. I made that color for the DE River as it always seems to catch fish there.

And you had an awesome day yesterday, the Bass bite was really off with the high pressure front that was stalled over us - lots of "experienced" guys caught nothing