Eye Protection when fishing (Poll)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What eye protection do you wear when fishing?

• 1) Clear non-darkening prescription glasses

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2) "Drugstore" inexpensive sunglasses

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 3) Prescription glasses that darken in sunlight

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 4) Name brand non-prescription sunglasses

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • 5) Nothing worn

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 6) Not concerned about UV or ballsitic eye protection

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7) Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't

• 8 ) I wear contacts

• 9) Prescription sunglasses

• Total voters
oops. you musta beat me to the click. :lol:

I have the glare coating on my perscription glasses, but I bought two clip ons at the Eye Doctors, polarized and the UV protect, one amber and the other plain dark, I like the amber ones for fishing and the Dark ones for driving.

Brine said:
oops. you musta beat me to the click. :lol:

That happens to me quite a bit, lol.

shamoo said:
I have the glare coating on my perscription glasses, but I bought two clip ons at the Eye Doctors, polarized and the UV protect, one amber and the other plain dark, I like the amber ones for fishing and the Dark ones for driving.

Something I noticed about the transition style lenses is that they don't turn dark inside my truck, or most vehicles as a matter of fact. Must have something to do with the glass in today's vehicles.

I have some nice maui jims, and Revos, but now.......

I keep a pair of Bill Dance polarized sunglasses ($15) in each car. They float, I don't care if I scratch them or lose them. :beer:

I always fish with sunglasses but not for eye protection, I fish with them cause polarized lenses allow you to see whats under the water easier. IMO a good pair of shades should be included as part of your tackle

I wish seeing what's under the water was an option here. Water where I go stays pretty murky, so the sunglasses in my case will be for the glare/UV blocking & protection from flying objects (lures with nasty hooks on them). 8)

I was going to get a pair of transitions, but was told they wouldnt turn in vehicles due to the tint in the windshields, the thing I got on my glasses is to keep lights at night from glaring, works pretty good.

I also wear prescription glasses 24/7 and I use the clip on flip up style. Not the coolest looking, but gets the job done.

russ010 said:
if you use the code "saveten" you can save 10% at checkout... on any pair of glasses

And just for all of those people out there like me, ill go ahead and save you the trouble...

No "SaveTwenty" doesnt work :) hahah it was worth a try. :mrgreen: [-o<

shamoo said:
I was going to get a pair of transitions, but was told they wouldnt turn in vehicles due to the tint in the windshields, the thing I got on my glasses is to keep lights at night from glaring, works pretty good.

Yep, it's the tint in the windshield that does it. Sometimes if the sun is shining directly in the driver's side window only the left lens will darken some, lol. In slow traffic I've had passers-by give me some weird looks, lol. I have the anti-glare stuff on mine also and it does help at night.

Here's what I'm sportin' these days: Transition lenses with anti-glare, anti-scratch, no-line bifocals (actually a trifocal), and titanium frames. Light as a feather! The old glass lenses used to kill me due to the weight after wearing them all day. 'Bout time I had my prescription checked also.
normal_eyeglasses.JPG

OhioStateBuckeye said:
russ010 said:
if you use the code "saveten" you can save 10% at checkout... on any pair of glasses

And just for all of those people out there like me, ill go ahead and save you the trouble...

No "SaveTwenty" doesnt work :) hahah it was worth a try. :mrgreen: [-o<

I tried that one just before I gave out the "saveten"... free shipping on orders over $100 too. I got my glasses in 4 days after buying them online.

For those interested in the WileyX Blink... they have the foam fitting that goes around the inside of the glasses. I had a pair of these issued to me while I was in the desert, and boy did they come in handy during those sand storms. I keep them on there now too, only because I have so much trouble with my eyes watering when wind hits them.. the only thing that bugs the snot out of me is that something must be wrong with my left eye... that eye lens fogs up right when I put the glasses on (especially if I leave the glasses in the car overnight), but after a few minutes of letting the heat circulate around them I don't have any problems..

I tried the transitions glasses before I moved on to contacts... The biggest thing about them was they took FOREVER to untint when I walked back into the building.. everyone always new I had snuck outside when I came back into work..

The biggest thing about them was they took FOREVER to untint when I walked back into the building.. everyone always new I had snuck outside when I came back into work..

Lol, yep have had that same problem It takes even longer for them to change (lighten-up) after being out in the cold. Of course it does tend to worry my students sometimes when the glasses are still dark, because they don't know if I'm looking at them or someone beside them, lol.

shamoo said:
My buddy swears by Solar Bats

I've got a pair of those too that I bought over 3 years ago... I don't wear them as much because they are HUGE on my face and they make me look even more like a dork!

i dont no if i just wasnt a beleaver, or if im just a cheapo, but i never wore any sunglass's that cost over 10 bucks before, untill last month when my girlfriend baught me a pair of expensive polarized glass's. man all the times ive been missing out.... its like x ray vision 8)

I wear prescription eyeglasses and have a pair of regular prescription sun glasses (that choice is not on your poll). I switch them out as needed depending on amount of sun. Eyes are too bad (almost need tri-focals) for lasik (Doctor says I would still need glasses even after it) and can't even put eye drops in my eyes let alone try contacts. Doubt I could wear the cocoons as my glasses fog up when I put the safety side shields on at work if I'm hot/sweaty.

I didn't read the entire thread but the WIleyX glasses can be had in prescriptions also.I have a pair of WIleyX Blink also my Bro in law gave me when he came back from Iraq hadn't even been worn.
I also have a pair of magnet polarized clip ons for my prescription glasses.

I wear prescription glasses with clip on polorized sunglasses. Also wasn't one of your options, however no big deal. I also got safety glass instead of regular glass, this way I can wear them in the shop and not worry about additional safety glasses.

Latest posts