Fishheads project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same rod holders in my boat and I came up with a good idea to keep my reels out of the weather and out of anyone's hands that may walk up to my boat. I do alot of fishing after work, so I like to take all of my gear in my boat and ready to launch..

I am going to make "Half rod lockers".. starting at the back there will be lockable storage compartments that the reels will fit into. The rod will extend out of the compartment and be secured with one of those holders on the side of the boat. The front side wall and the front panel of the locker will be hinged to allow the pole to be removed, but will protect the reels from weather and anyone taking them. I figure on the inside hatch I can mount the secure netting to throw extra spools of line into.

Very nice work. You done a very nice job keeping the project updated with pics. I just went through all 7 pages to get caught up. Looks great. I am yet to jump to deep into my project. With your carpet, you attached all your plywood first then came back and glued on your carpet, correct? I have heard people say they carpeted the wood first then attached it, but i am not sure how you would attach the wood without seeing all the screws.

i carpeted first, then installed with screws and beveled finishing washers. yeah you can see them, but they actually look nice. And it makes everything modular, so removing stuff will be easy if i ever need to replace something or fix a rivet or something. if you look close you can see a couple, i think there is only ten exposed screws on the entire boat.

Attachments

• 100_0519.jpg
    100_0519.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 719
You can do it both ways. I choose to secure everything first then carpet. However the front TM mount has screws on the outside. Unlike what I thought when I started the project you really cant see them. I just figured out where the screw was going then cut an X in the carpet. You can hardly tell. Update..... I painted the trailer and fixed the bunks. The guy who owned it before me didn't adjust them so the boat was rubbing the hull on the trailer. Now I just need to decide on the style of font for my lettering. Russ posted a link Im using and evertime I pick one I end up changing my mind!!! :? I'll post more pics once it stops raining here.

Here it is with the trailer painted. I also painted some stripes on it. Im getting a bow mount TM this weekend so that'll give me something to do! Just waiting on decals...
DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

First let me say I know this boat is a Smokercraft however when I was trying to order my stickers my wife told me I should get some Lund stickers because I've always wanted one but without work right now its WAY on the back burner. I thought it would be a funny/nice touch to all my hard work. I did get my foot controled TM, I just need to bolt it on. But its all done.Now to get to fishing!!!
DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

I like it man... I think it looks like a Lund anyways... and no one would know it but you

I've got an Xpress boat now... and I even contemplated putting Alumacraft stickers back on it -- but there's a big difference in price of the stickers... plust I get to be a little creative with the design of the next layout

Good Job!