Fishheads project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip Russ, I checked it out. Man talk about choices, I'll wait for the wife to give me her opinion! I have a couple different styles I like. Well I started doing carpet last night. I was busy today so I finish it up in the morning. I can only suggest to anyone that is going to use the carpet glue, get some of those throwaway latex gloves! Here's some more pics...
DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

I was able to get in the garage for an hour today. I carpeted the side panel that the rod holders are going on. I also finished up the side console. This has been a fun project but I wanna go fishing!!! :D
DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

DSCN0666-1.jpg

Took a little break but got back at it tonight. Made the front TM deck. Also did 1 of the 3 storage lids. Nothing fancy, but it fit my budget! I going to order my decals this week. Im going with Smokercraft in the middle of the sides and on the back of each side it will have the model... 1425 SS Unemployed! :lol: So whatcha think?
DSCN0676.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

Looks very good.. your doing a nice job.

I just received my two new seats for mine. I am waiting to install them until I get the rest of the interior framed and carperted.

So all you did with the paint is roll it on? I need to paint mine after I prep it and I really don't care if it is a high gloss factory look, just want something clean and neat looking.

pjb153 said:
Looks very good.. your doing a nice job.

I just received my two new seats for mine. I am waiting to install them until I get the rest of the interior framed and carperted.

So all you did with the paint is roll it on? I need to paint mine after I prep it and I really don't care if it is a high gloss factory look, just want something clean and neat looking.
I painted it with a foam roller, however the boat has its share of dings in it. If the boat was nice and dent free I would have sprayed the rustolem through a gun. The jeep in the background I painted with a gun and it turned out awesome. You just need to thin it with laqure thinner. I want to get some new seats but I think Im going to use what I have for right now. Since ice out I've only been fishing twice, so Im starting to look like a cat on a hot tin roof!!! :D

Awesome job man!

Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get those stickers on there.... that will really set your boat apart

Here she is, just need to mount seats.
DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0691.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

This was a fun project. Now I can just add things as I get them. Hope you liked watching the build.

You didn't happen to buy that boat from a guy that live on Sugarloaf Lake in Chelsea did you? My buddy just told me this morning he sold his boat about a month ago to a guy who had a four year old son. The original pics of your boat look like his. Wouldn't that be a real coincidence?

Man, I really like the looks of that boat!! I grew up fishing in a 14' Alumacraft V-hull. My Uncle Charlie always kept the bottom of the hull along the waterline painted red and I always loved the look of red on bright aluminum. You have really done a top notch job! Now, get to fishin'!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys! Im going to get the seats in this weekend. I looked at the boat today and I decided to paint the trailer!!!!! So looks like Im off to get some paint.
moetrout said:
You didn't happen to buy that boat from a guy that live on Sugarloaf Lake in Chelsea did you? My buddy just told me this morning he sold his boat about a month ago to a guy who had a four year old son. The original pics of your boat look like his. Wouldn't that be a real coincidence?
I bought the boat west of Chelsea, closer to MIS. You guys in Mich. do much ice fishing?

boat turned out sweet. good job. now for the fun to begin. or continueas i would say cause building it is half the fun.

Amazing transformation... I have alot of great ideas now and can't wait to get started on mine.

I like the extra detail you paid attention to to make it that much more clean.

Very good work.

Latest posts