Fishing With A Soldier UPDATE 5-2-2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go! Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great event.

I like the idea of making it a tourney, maybe best 2 fish.

And those that don't catch anything get put into a pot to draw for a guided trip!

Brine said:
Way to go! Sounds like it's shaping up to be a great event.

I like the idea of making it a tourney, maybe best 2 fish.

And those that don't catch anything get put into a pot to draw for a guided trip!

Good morning Brine ...
It is shaping up real nice .... Thanks to alot of peoples help. Are you going to be able to attend this event?

Rich / SF Big Dog
E-Mail: [email protected]

Truthfully, I didn't even consider it. Let me do a mapquest and see how far you are from me.

What can you tell me about Lake Douglas? The biggest motor I have is a 7.5, as my boat has been designed as an all electric rig.

Douglas lake is pretty big... probably almost 30,000 acres. It's a river dammed lake that was built in probably 1943. The launch we are using is at the dam unless something has changed. Your motor would be plenty big enough to fish some of the closer coves to the dam. If the wind was to happen to get up it can get pretty rough out towards the bigger water but the amount of big water you would have to cross to get to the first coves is limited.

If you google Douglas Lake TN, you can get tons of information on it. The river that forms the lake is the French Broad.

Good morning!!!

In a previous post I told you that Bass Fishing Professional Janet Parker would be attending our "Fishing With A Soldier" event .... I spoke with Janet yesterday, and she is committed to being there and spending a day with our soldiers. For those of you who are not familure with her career, see below listed web-site.

www.janetparkerfishing.com

Rich / SF Big Dog

Good evening ALL ....

Newest "Fishing With A Soldier" Update =D>

Today I traded e-mails with Earl Bentz.
For those who don't know who he is .... He started at a very young age racing boats, and became VERY good at it .... soon he became an international boat racer with sponsors sending him and his boats around the world to race. However, a very bad boat accident ended that career.

But after he healed and mended .... he decided he still wanted to be around boats .... So he started designing and building them ..... His first company was called "Javlin" then SportsCraft, then Stratos .... and he is currently the Founder/CEO of Triton Boats.

This is the reply I got from Earl Bentz today:​

I think the group in Texas that you reference is at Ft Hood and the tournament is called Fishing For Freedom. Our dealer Cliff Brown at Texas Boat World heads up the tournament. Each volunteer boater takes two soldiers both active duty and retired. I have attended the event and we have been a sponsor since it started. In fact Triton was the driving force in kicking it going. I have attended and was there last October where we had over 250 "boaters" to volunteer and participate. It was a great event as it has been for the past eight or nine years that we have put it on. The entire community gets behind this annual tournament. I am not at my office and will not be back there for a week as I am out of town so I cannot commit to be there but will commit that we will support the event as much as possible including getting it on out website and encouraging Triton owners to play a role in taking two soldiers fishing for a day. You are in for a lot of work but I cannot think of a better way to spend one's time! Earl

Great idea! Wish I was closer. I have a tiny boat, but some great fishing spots here in maine. Maybe I can get ahold of a local unit up here and do something that way.

Good evening all,

First of all I want to Thank everyone for their support.
Just wanted to update everyone on whats going on. This event will be held at Lake Douglas Tennessee, on Armed Forces Day (May 21, 2011) We will launch on or about 8AM and fish till 3PM. Because of some give away prizes that have been donated ... This will be a BIG FISH event for the soldiers.

The American Red Cross will be at the boat ramp prior to launch time serving coffee & donuts. We are trying to arrange to have hot meals waiting in the picnic area by the boat ramp upon our return.

Professional Bass Fishing Janet Parker will attend this event ... and spend a day on the water fishing with a soldier ..... and it appears that Earl Bentz (Triton Founder/CEO) may very well be there as well.

If there are any questions about this event ... that I may not have covered ... Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or call my cell phone 4232-650-1052

Again ..... Thanks to everyone for your time, help and support.

Rich / SF Big Dog

Good morning TinBoats.net

I hope this note finds everyone doing well.
I have been so busy recruiting boats and boaters ... I have been remiss in the original mission .... Giving something back to Veterans ... And for that I'm sorry.

So here we go ...
If you are in ANY of these categories ... We would like to invite you to be our guest at Douglas Lake on May 21st .... for a fun day on the water fishing.

ALL Branches of Service

* Currently Active Duty
* Current member of a Reserve unit
* Current member of a National Guard unit
* Retired Military
* Disabled Veteran
* Prior honorablely discharged Veteran
And this means if you have EVER served, and discharged honorably

If you feel there is a category that you fit in, that I have failed to mention, PLEASE e-mail me at [email protected] or feel free to call my cell at 423-650-1052 and ask. It is NOT my intention to leave anybody out.

Thank you for your time, help, and support ... but most of all ... Thank You Veterans for your service.

Rich / SF Big Dog

brholth8 said:
Great idea. I'm thinking about getting on craigslist and taking a veteran every weekend or so.

Good morning !!!

Outstanding ..... I'm sure you and the soldier will both enjoy the experience.

Rich / SF Big Dog

Good evening Tinboats .....

Only 33 days left till the "Fishing With A Soldier" event takes place .... and we still need boaters that will step foward, and volunteer their time and boat to a fun day on the water at Lake Douglas TN, "Fishing With A soldier"

These service men and women deserve anything we can do .... to show our support for all they do for us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
So PLEASE look at your calendars and check your schedules ... and let us know what you might be able to do.

Thank you so much in advance for your time, help, and support.
Feel free to contact me any time with questions at [email protected] or 423-650-1052

Remember .... Freedom Isn't Free

Rich / SF Big Dog
United States Army, Retired
Cleveland, TN

Good morning ALL and Happy Easter

27 days till the "Fishing With A Soldier" event takes place at Douglas.
And this morning I'm looking for and calling out to ALL Branches of Service Veteran's who would like to be part of this event on the "Soldier" end of this event.

ALL you have to do is show up ... and we would be more than happy and proud to treat you to a day on the water ... fishing and relaxing.
Just drop a PM or e-mail to me with questions.... or just let me know your going to attend as a Veteran.

Rich / SF Big Dog

1t54t0.jpg

Rich / SF Big Dog

SFBigDog, I may not be able to attend but I have a boat that you may be able to take. You will just need to pick it up. I live in Murfreesboro. I don't know which route you would be taking to get there but I think you came up with a great idea and just hope I can help in some way. Thanks.

DavenTn said:
SFBigDog, I may not be able to attend but I have a boat that you may be able to take. You will just need to pick it up. I live in Murfreesboro. I don't know which route you would be taking to get there but I think you came up with a great idea and just hope I can help in some way. Thanks.

Good evening DaveNTn

Thank you so very much for the offer ... But I'm pulling a boat up to Douglas as well. We do appreciate your generousity .... But, hope you can make it ... We would love to see you there, and get an opportunity to meet you .... and I'm sure it will be real rewarding to spend a relaxing day on the water fishing with a soldier.

Rich / SF Big Dog

Hello Gang ....

Does anybody remember 9/11 ?
Sit back a moment and think of how you felt that day .... Mostly hurt & mad !!! And in the weeks that followed, this country came together, like we haven't done in a long time, and in one voice said we wanted our country's best to hunt down those responsible for all the american lives taken that day ... and our Veterans and Soldiers stepped forward and accepted that mission .... and yesterday 5-1-2011 .... Accomplished it !

These are the same people we are trying to treat to a relaxing day of fishing on Douglas Lake on May 21st with "Fishing With a Soldier" If you are a current soldier ... Active duty, Reserves, Guard, discharged veteran (Any Branch of Service) .... PLEASE come join us and let us treat you to a relaxing day on the water.

Also ... we still need volunteer boaters to take these Soldiers & Veterans out fishing. PLEASE PLEASE check your schedules ... and do your best to set aside a day to honor these Soldiers & Vetereans ... and in a small way .... Give a little something back.

For more information .... Please contact me at:

PM
E-Mail: [email protected]
Cell Phone: 423-650-1052

And remember ......................

Freedom Isn't Free

This is awesome. I will say you dont find this as much as you did lets say, 5 or 6 years ago. I am going to post this on FB and see if any of my buddies can make it!