Fishing with sweetbeavers on a beaver dam

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
Headed down to the river around 6 this morning fished for a few hours, only had two keeper large mouths, but I hooked into a good number of fish. Also saw more shad today, than any other day (and i thought the run was over). Keepers came on a sweetbeaver, color white trash, fished on 1/8 jig head, with the tail dipped in spike it. This was my first time using these baits, so the first thing i did was drop it right out infront of me maybe 2 feet of the bank I jiged it a few times and was about ready for my first cast with it when something hit, I wasnt expecting it and missed the fish, my next cast was more of a pitch really only about 4 feet down the bank to a hollowed out tree trunk were a beaver now resides in 3 casts I had two fairly nice fish. One was about 2and a half the other was around one and a half. After that the dinks took over, also a small striper which fliped outa my hand as I was reaching for my phone/camera. fish count for the day was 3hickory shad, missed what i think was an american (looked too big for a hickory), 1 perch, 6 large mouths

Attachments

• sweetbeaver2.jpg
    sweetbeaver2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 266
  • sweetbeavers.jpg
    sweetbeavers.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 266
Nice job - the shad run is over - that means that the bulk has moved through, although there will stragglers all summer.

Nice LM Bass

Nice fish, sweet beavers work great. I have never used that color and generally stick to a natural crayfish color, but I guess I am gonna have to get some white ones now too. Try fishing them on a shakey head. I use a spot remover, and they work very well and snag little. Also you may want to check out Berkley Beasts. They are similar baits, but also different and have some cool colors. I have killed smallies on beasts.

Those beavers are awesome man, Last year I skipped them deep into the the thick stuff with a 1/8 oz weight Texas style. It was my biggest producer last year.

way ahead of you jkbirocs, or I was. havent used the spot removers but Ive been using some lucky-e-strike, which was the best I could do at walmart, too bad I ran out yesterday had to use reg jig heads today, and missed two fish and one was a freakin hawg.

Latest posts