Fixing a 1/2" hole?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richg99 said:
Good planning. richg99

p.s. bring a piece of chain for a safety... Old straps and rusty hooks may not be enough.
im taking a couple of tie down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good plan

I dont think the holes will be much of a problem I would worry more about the trailer, sounds like you have that figured out too

the magnetic trailer lights are an idea, I would tape them down for the trip home as I had a set from HF and one good bump on a crappy road and I was dragging them.

If worse comes to worse you could always rent a trailer from U haul and put the rig on it, trailer and all, to get it home, I would not want to mess around trying to replace an axle, that would be a nightmare without a proper place to do it and the right tools

An old fishin buddy of mine had an 18' Polar Craft jon boat.
He was the kinda guy that was Grandpa to everybody. I don't know
how many kids learned to fish out of that boat but it was a lot.
It was a good sturdy boat.
I looked for one for a long time and couldn't find any I could afford. My
budget wasn't that good. :cry:
If I had a chance at it for $500 I'd go for it.
Good Luck whatever you do.

Steve A W

The boat is junk. I think if he gave it to me free it still wouldn't be worth it.

Sorry that you had to go a long way and be disappointed.

My experience is that if a boat is in good shape, and properly priced, it will go to the first few potential buyers.

I've owned over 25 boats. Bring cash and be ready.... is my plan.

richg99

I made a camping trip and went to the beach so it wasn't a wasted trip

There was about 10 holes below the waterline, another 30 above, there was steel mounted to the boat so there was a lot of corrosion.