Free Fish Finder to anyone

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FishingCop said:
aeviaanah said:
Curious about how long the transducer cable is and roughly where it is cut at?

the end out of the unuti is about 24", the wire to the transducer is about 1-0-12 feet. Your splice will be above water near the unit. I didn't look, but the transducer end is probably long enough that you can open the unit and wire it direct rather than splicing???
Ok, ill check my options before I get too carried away. I take it you sent it out already? Thanks again!

aeviaanah said:
FishingCop said:
aeviaanah said:
Curious about how long the transducer cable is and roughly where it is cut at?

the end out of the unuti is about 24", the wire to the transducer is about 1-0-12 feet. Your splice will be above water near the unit. I didn't look, but the transducer end is probably long enough that you can open the unit and wire it direct rather than splicing???
Ok, ill check my options before I get too carried away. I take it you sent it out already? Thanks again!

No, actually I didn't get out of the house today - most likely Thursday - I have an ill wife that needs attention - so I don't get out everyday. But, Thursday at the latest.

aeviaanah said:
Ok cool. Ill be waiting!

Did get out today - shipped it at 3:30 - ha, I could have gotten it to you in two days - for $36 - but I opted for the cheapest shipping cost, $9.85 - expect it next Wednesday:) :).......... good luck with it :)

FishingCop said:
aeviaanah said:
Ok cool. Ill be waiting!

Did get out today - shipped it at 3:30 - ha, I could have gotten it to you in two days - for $36 - but I opted for the cheapest shipping cost, $9.85 - expect it next Wednesday:) :).......... good luck with it :)
Hey man thanks again! I really appreciate it!

I got the fishfinder in today and I have fixed it, it works great!

At first glance I noticed it was the power cord that was hanging from fish finder. I also noticed the connection piece for the transducer still connected to the unit. I took the piece off and there was no wire to work with. I began to melt the piece apart as to reveal the pins. I was able to solder both wires to the pins. I melted it back together and added jb weld. After it dries I will tape it up with electrical tape.

I hooked it up to a car battery to test it, put the transducer in my salt water tank. At first it would not show anything but the menu and stuff. The manual said if the ground is not shown, the transducer is hooked up incorrectly. I thought I failed. After turning the fishtank light off it began working properly. It must of interfered some how. Its working great and is showing fish as they pass by. Still not sure which way to mount transducer. Im thinking this is a hull mount transducer as opposed to transom mount??

The led light works, it read depth correctly and signaled as a fish went by. Can anyone tell me how to mount this transducer??
I need to find a transducer mount as well.

Thanks again fishcop! Ill take pictures when its on the boat and working.

The head unit is working great...the lcd is a bit off due to the flash on the camera.

Here it is in the saltwater tank...

The transducer- how does this one mount?

Here is the piece i had to solder to...after this glue dries I will wrap with electrical tape.

The transducer mounts to the underside of the trolling motor - a 4" pipe strap is needed to strap it the the underside of the trolling motor... see here:

https://www.cabelas.com/electric-trolling-motor-accessories-rig-rite-trolling-motor-transducer-mount-2.shtml

https://tycothermal.com/usa/english/heat_tracing/productsearch/all/default.aspx?crd=10&cg=127&nm=Pipe+Straps

good luck :) Glad you got it working :) :)

It's nice when everything comes together like it is supposed to :)

Latest posts