Front mount trolling motor options, v hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midwesterner

Reaction score
Have an old sea nymph that I need a good front mount trolling motor solution for.

Had a power drive v2 mounted on an aluminum plate attached to the front gusset plate, ran aground and broke the gusset plate (connects the v, has handles casted into it).

Motor was too deep, shaft on the motor is too long, my fault for not having it up. Motor was free and is from 2015 so I'd like to use it.

Had the front gusset plate welded back together, afraid to mount to it again. Anyone have any solutions?

I thought about plating it from gunwhale to gunwhale behind the gusset but the front is still going to rest on the gusset plate some.

Midwesterner said:
Have an old sea nymph that I need a good front mount trolling motor solution for.

Had a power drive v2 mounted on an aluminum plate attached to the front gusset plate, ran aground and broke the gusset plate (connects the v, has handles casted into it).

Motor was too deep, shaft on the motor is too long, my fault for not having it up. Motor was free and is from 2015 so I'd like to use it.

Had the front gusset plate welded back together, afraid to mount to it again. Anyone have any solutions?

I thought about plating it from gunwhale to gunwhale behind the gusset but the front is still going to rest on the gusset plate some.

You can make a bow plate as you planned, and then drop it off center behind the gusset plate. I actually prefer it this way, when the motor is stowed, it lays along the gunnel and the front deck is clear.

Latest posts