got skunk'ed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Reaction score
whent to starve hollow,wich by the way is going to be drained this winter(why i'm not sure)but any way i get there and DNR has a notice posted that you can have twice the daily limit wich would be 10 fish and no size limit.i fished from 4:00PM to sunset and not a bite just a big fat skunk.this lake by the way is in salem indiana it was still a great trip.

Ya, the skunk monkey struck me Saturday afternoon. Hit a pond that holds monster brown trout, but I couldn't buy a bite :oops:

Ooooh that smell, I got it on me friday, did a little better yesterday with 2cats, This time of year is often tricky for anywhere that has an abundance of pray, there was so many bait fish i dont think they were interested in anything i threw.

starve is about 100 acres give or take and is considerd one of if not the best little lakes in the area,my personal best of 6.3 came from there.my PBest brown trout came when i lived in western NY it was a even 24 inch.but if memory serves i took a few skunkings back then too.it just makes the good days even sweeter.

Ahhh....if we caught fish every time we went, it wouldn't be fun anymore. I'll have to let dad know they're draining the lake. If you happen to run across any more info regarding it, please post it, I'd be interested in it. I've been there hundreds of times over the course of my life.

You'll get 'em next time :wink:

ST

If they're doubling the daily limit, sounds like they want to get the fish out of there for some reason, maybe Dam trouble?

shamoo said:
If they're doubling the daily limit, sounds like they want to get the fish out of there for some reason, maybe Dam trouble?

Very possible. There is a dam (lake, whtever) close by me in PA that they have already lowered the water level. The size and creel limts were suspended in April in preperation for draining the lake this fall sometime. I haven't been there but anything and size and as many as you want is a tempting call. This lake must be drained to repair an usafe dam breast that was leaking pretty bad and in danger of a possible break. I guess the more people ctch and keep, the less they need to worry about later, if they worry at all.

Latest posts