GOT SQUIRRELS?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably shouldn't be reviving this thread but wanted to report on the summer swimming program. We've been working on treading water. So far none have been able to master this very basic swimming technique thus my hopes for an oylmpian remain unfulfilled.

Bobberboy,
Is this your contraption? I have seen this exact video about ten other times, and about ten other people claiming its theirs.

perchin said:
Bobberboy,
Is this your contraption? I have seen this exact video about ten other times, and about ten other people claiming its theirs.

Perchin,
If you're referring to the launcher, man, I wish I have thought of that. For me that goes down in history along with the wheel, movable type and the airplane. I laughed myself to tears hen I first saw it. I've also seen one made from a spring-loaded clay pigeon thrower. Sweet.`

I have a black walnut and chestnut tree in my yard it also opens up to 75 acres of private property behind me so YES i have squirrels..
other than the nut shells they aren't to bad they chew the power lines to the neighbors houses but my lines are under ground so no problem for me. my 2 basset hounds have a ball keeping them on the run they had one stuck in the tree all day it was fun to watch when it would venture towards the ground

Squirrel stroganoff emmm good LOL
I eat the grays,blacks and fox squirrels all the time, cooked right they are as good as rabbit.

My favorite way is to cook in crock pot with a stroganoff like sauce. and put with noodles.
boil good first then put cream of mushroom soup in crock pot and cook till tender, while that is cooking boil up the noodles. We usually let them simmer all day then dig out the squirrel, bone it and mix the meat and the noodles with the c of m soup. Rabbit is good the same way!

O yah, fox urin might just keep them away, purchase it on line. search for getting rid of skunks!

Talking about squirrels swimming, I witnessed last year a grey squirrell sqim about 80-100 yards accross a lake. I thought it was a beaver until it didnt go under, and I drove closer with the boat.

I was just out cleaning the pine needles and debris out of my 14' jon.

The squirrles have eaten the plastic bearing buddies off of my trailer! :x

I'm glad that I kept and cleaned up the metal ones that I took off of it when I put those plastic ones on there a couple of years ago.

I assume most of you like to fish. If you decide to "selectively harvest" these squirrels Mepps will by the squirrel tails. :eek: I forgot what their price they will pay but it was not too bad. I think they will double the price if you choose to recive Mepps fishing baits in lieu of cash :shock:

We don't have Squirrels any more. Dont know what happend to them. We have a pretty cold blooded Killer for a Yard Cat, and two worthless dogs.

Wife makes a wunnerful Squirrel n' Rice pot. Maybe they smelled the last pot and go the message...

Got Gamo?

Tree rats are fun, especially when they are running the power lines... :mrgreen:

Usually shoot out of the garage, hit near one in the oak tree out front several times, he ended up jumping out of the tree, assisted suicide... =D>

Rabbits and feral cats are bigger but not as much fun (unless you headshot the cat). Possums just lay there...

Best trick is to shoot the suirrel and toss it in the alley, then ambush the cats.

(Note, I like domestic cats and dogs, but can't stand feral cats)

Jamie

LOL, Ranchero has the Big City attitude toward Pest Control.

The Power line people are not real happy with the guys who shoot the power lines to shreds trying hit the Saber tooth'd Tree Rats.