Great East Lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fish Monger

Reaction score
Headed out for a quick trip last night after work. Fished from 4:45 PM to 8:15 PM. I think I was really expecting to hammer them, tho it was just the opposite. The bite was kind of lethargic and we caught 2 togue, 2 Rainbows, and 7 or 8 tiny Smallies.
Better luck next time right!

Thanks for the report.

Could've been worse... you could have been mowing the yard. :wink:

Great East Lake is here in the great state of Maine, along the New Hampshire border.

Like I said, it wasn't horrible, just had high hopes as the lake was empty, slight chop to the water, and overcast skies. Should have been a great afternoon hammering trout.

We found HUGE pods of baitfish which made my switch over to a small bait fish imitation fly (Silver Trout Slammer) that produced only one strike...odd, the rainbows normally go nuts over them in those conditions!!!

We've had lots of rain so I'm wondering if the water temp is a little high for these cold water lovers?

Plenty of descent Bass waters all over southern Maine. I would imagine someone rents them tho I wouldn't know exactly. Square Pond in Acton also holds anual bass fishing tourneys, so that may be another spot to try.

The smallies were loving this beaded little brown trout fly.

DSCF1085.jpg

Latest posts