Guest on board charger question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2 bank guest series pro charger for my boat. The manual says for a single 12 volt system or for 2 12 batteries ran parallel to connect both sets of leads to a single batterie if you only have 1 batterie to charge. The picture below is the thing I'm not sure of. I want to make sure I'm supposed to hook both sets of leads to 1 batterie. Any help appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 305
2sac said:
That's how it appears to me

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong and blow up my batterie

That's what it say's to do and you cant argue with instructions, you can cuss at them but you cant argue with them LOL....

fixinthatup said:
That's what it say's to do and you cant argue with instructions, you can cuss at them but you cant argue with them LOL....

Yeah lol I guess I've just never heard of hooking both sets of cables to one batterie

for one 12v battery,

by connecting both red leads to the '+' and both black leads to the '-', the charger is 'doubleing' the amps to the single 12v, thus chargeing the battery more quickly.

If your charger is a 'smart' charger, the charger should automatic adjust and not over-charge your battery.

Fred

shootandfish1 said:
for one 12v battery,

by connecting both red leads to the '+' and both black leads to the '-', the charger is 'doubleing' the amps to the single 12v, thus chargeing the battery more quickly.

If your charger is a 'smart' charger, the charger should automatic adjust and not over-charge your battery.

Fred

It says that you can leave it unattended and it will not hurt the battery. it is a guest pro charger 2611 i picked it up on cl for 35 bucks with no manual so i had to find it online

Latest posts