Hawaiian Tin.. 14' gamefisher

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishnkid2001

Reaction score
I live in hawaii on depoyment. org from FLA. but i just got a sled, payed aLOT for her but i think it will be worth it. boats in hawaii are about double the price of mainland,,, no Joke. i plan on using her as a ocean goin boat, on CALM days and to go to the local sand bar! anys ways this is what she looked like when i got here her.

oldcif.jpg

nnewboat.jpg

back of the truck .. hahaha 8)

backoftruck.jpg

im waiting to see how bad she leaks to paint the floor.... lol

alot of the rivets are lose, the guy i bought her from gave me some of the green stick from cabelas so i hope that fixes most of them, as well as some 5200... If i had the tools i would re revit all of the once lose but i dont have the right rivet gun.... o well at least she look pretty

I also want to build a deck between the back and middle seat as well as the middle and frot seat/ and i dont mane that lil seat up fwd/ the big ones.... was thinks of making a plank type deck. any recamendations on what type of deck......??? the deck will be about 4 in off the floor, or level with BOTTOM of the seats.....

also what type of paint do u think i should paint bottom with? i dont got the money to have steel flex sent to hawaii.... lol and other recomndations for bottom paint that can seal some of the lil cracks/leaks......???

West-marine......20hp mercury 4-stroke should be here in 2 weeks... Cant wait!! [-o<

Its only rated for a 15hp but they wight the same, Same motor with diff carb... so ima just get the 20hp!! [-X

Make sure you rebuck the rivets before doing any sealing. You dont need a gun. Just use a hard piece of metal backing and someone on the other side smacking it with a hammer. That will usually seal the rivet back up. Then you can seal them. If you are painting it, I would highly recommend using Gluvit. A little expensive at about $60 but well worth it. Will seal the boat for years.

thanks, just went and got some guvit for the floor. also got a 2008 15hp yamaha 2stroke, got it used for 1500 on craigslist... i try buking them ... also made a motor stand from stuff i found layin around!

motorstand.jpg

with some uprades
motorstandshit.jpg

All done with the inside. other than maby some side mount rod holders.... havent come up with any ideas.. i wanted somthing mounted on side , just to hold poles, verticaly; ANY IDEAS ?? ? ? ?

alldone2.jpg

i mixed white and dark greenm, came out perfect sea foam green, looks really shiny in pic casue its wet!

alldone.jpg

nice looking boat....
amazing what a lil elbow grease, spit, and dedication can do....

looking good...

how much did you pay for your 20 hp motor?

just curious, trying to upgrade maybe :0

keep up the good work...im diggin the blue paint...SHARP!!

what kind of fishing were you aiming for?

Hey, i actually got back from hawaii last year, spent a couple years there stationed at schofield barracks, most of it was in iraq. What are you plannning on fishing?

I ended up finding a 2008 yamaha 15hp in really good shape for $1500; so I bought that! I plan on doing some offshore trolling, and maybe once I lean more about the area some bottom fishing!

Fishnkid2001 said:
All done with the inside. other than maby some side mount rod holders.... havent come up with any ideas.. i wanted somthing mounted on side , just to hold poles, verticaly; ANY IDEAS ?? ? ? ?

Here's are some creative/cheap mods for a small fishing boat. One of my favorite threads...

https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=249113

Latest posts