Help Identifying My Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbrophy

Reaction score
I am scouring the internet trying to find a boat exactly like my grandmother’s that I just inherited. The registration says 1954 Larson but that could have been a guess by me dad when he brought it from Florida.
Any insights would be appreciated. We would like to restore it.

Attachments

• IMG_4801.jpeg
    IMG_4801.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2579.jpeg
    IMG_2579.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm guessing you looked for a HIN. They were not required until the 70's or there abouts, but some boat makers used them before the requirement. If it has one, there is a code for the manufactor. It is great you have a family boat with that kind of history, plus nothing is made today that will be as good!

Just curious....what are the specs..length, width, depth, etc. Any hp rating tags ?
Hello. The length is 14’ ~1” width is 65.5” at widest with transom being 54” at top and 48” at bottom. I do not know the depth. I cannot find any markings on the boat anywhere.
Thought it was built in 1954 but these specs don’t match the numbers in a manual others have posted. 1955 looks closer.

I'm guessing you looked for a HIN. They were not required until the 70's or there abouts, but some boat makers used them before the requirement. If it has one, there is a code for the manufactor. It is great you have a family boat with that kind of history, plus nothing is made today that will be as good!
I cannot find any identifying mark’s whatsoever, unfortunately. The length is slightly over 14’, 65.5 beam width, 54” transom.

I cannot find any identifying mark’s whatsoever, unfortunately. The length is slightly over 14’, 65.5 beam width, 54” transom.
For what it's worth, it's definitely not a Larson and personally, I would abandon the 1954 part of that as well. It's not uncommon for vintage boat paperwork being incorrect. Many times, wildly so.
I feel very confident it's an Orlando Clipper.
By your measurements, the Zephyr fits the bill. The Zephyr model began in 1956, and your measurements match the run found between 1956 and 1958.
However, they redesigned in 1957 adding full-length splash rails.
(There was a sports runabout in 1955 and 1956, also, but the specs don't match.)

If I were wagering, I would bet on 1956 Zephyr. (rated 50hp)