Here she is. My 1648 with a 90 HP yamaha jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think im gonna do the boat in normal colors since im probably going to sell it. Im thinking clean the hull, teal carpet, and I guess a black trailer.

semojetman said:
Do these products bleach it out to a whitish color? I have seen a bunch like that around here.
Yes, this is the stuff that bleaches out the aluminum. If you do it right it won't do it bad.

fender66 said:
Brian J said:
IMO Clean hull with alumabrite or similar product to get scum line off. Give trailer a good coat of gloss black paint and re-paint the wheels gloss white and she oughta shine like a new penny.

Where are you guys getting alumibrite in Missouri? I haven't been able to find it. All I've found is Toonbrite from BP. I have no idea if that works as well.

I get alumibrite at napa. I know they cary it at the farmington store and I'm pretty sure park hills as well.

The alumabrite does clean them up, but it makes aluminum look like a chalky white color.

Ive seen alot of used car lots ruin nice aftermarket wheels with that stuff.

Here she is after some good cleanin.

2011-04-02_17-15-11_27.jpg

Put the bimini on, looks good with it up.

2011-04-03_12-57-38_941.jpg

The carpet really cleaned up, almost makes me not want to change it.

2011-04-03_12-57-12_105.jpg

2011-04-02_17-36-07_752.jpg

Here is the boat after I took the old stickers off, look how shiny it used to be. geeez.

2011-04-11_18-07-13_117.jpg

Here she is at Wappappello this past weekend
2011-04-09_14-13-10_685.jpg

Here it is behind my Silverado
2011-04-09_12-04-42_712.jpg

Cruisin the lake
2011-04-08_18-36-26_463.jpg

This is as close as we could get to the "TREE" at Wappappello lake.
2011-04-09_14-23-08_497.jpg

Nice looking rig. My first rig was the same boat but equipped differently. It's a VERY good rig.

So...how many feet low is Wappappello? Looks pretty barren. :shock:

I'm not sure how low it is, but I know alot of people are ready for them to get it up to summer pool. But it is interesting to see it low. Lots of sand, stumps, and hazards that make you think twice about flying across there carelesssly.

semojetman said:
I'm not sure how low it is, but I know alot of people are ready for them to get it up to summer pool. But it is interesting to see it low. Lots of sand, stumps, and hazards that make you think twice about flying across there carelessly.

Can you go out and treasure hunt for those things that were lost when the water was there? I've seen a lot of people do that before.

Latest posts