Here's some motors I've painted.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished the body work and I got it in primer. Time to break out the air brush. :mrgreen: You only get cross eyed after a hundred rivets or so.

I wish my boat was done and I had some extra $$$$, I'd like to have a hood like that new one you are working on.

The other thing I've thought of is trying to fit the lower pan, and hood from a V4 OMC, onto my 3cyl. That way you could use lots of sound insulation inside the hood.

How much would you charge to paint a hood? One just like the 3rd one down. Decals and all.

PM me if you would like.

Finally decided on how I'm painting it. Riveted metal with this painted on the back.No bomber is complete without a girl on it. I didn't think it turned out to bad considering it was my first try painting something like this. The face is the hardest part considering it's the size of my thumb print.

Here's the finished results. Night and day diffrence if you ask me. Got lucky with the EVINRUDE emblem, I had another idea in mind and I just stumbled on how to do it like this tryin to fix a mistake. I'll take dumb luck over skill any day of the week> :mrgreen:

Attachments

• finished%20hood%20back%20corner.JPG
    finished%20hood%20back%20corner.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 623
  • finished%20hood%20back.JPG
    finished%20hood%20back.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 623
  • finished%20hood%20side.JPG
    finished%20hood%20side.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 623
  • front%20finished%20hood.JPG
    front%20finished%20hood.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 623
Lookin good Lil'Blue....I live up in Southern IL and have an aluminum boat welding and repair shop building bowfishing conversions,decks etc and repairing "oops"..lotta guys are having a lot of custom work done to their jons around our area nowdays...I can probably send you some work if you want it.

Latest posts