Homemade Consoles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the "finished" product all mocked up in the basement. Just broke it all back down this mornin and covered it in glass. I think I cut out every hole I need for speakers, steering speedo, the almighty can holders, etc. trying no to have an unpredicted hole or crack for water to find is a challenge but will def pay off with a little extra effort. It'll be final coated with which ever coating I finally decide for the interior.
IMGP1341.jpg
IMGP1339.jpg
]
IMGP1338.jpg
IMGP1337.jpg
IMGP1336.jpg

Here are pics of finished/installed side console and control mount I posted earlier on 1448 modified V. Besides using the 1/12 poplar boards, note that I doubled up on the bases where mounting with thru bolts for extra strength. Also note the alum angle used to support the mount on the boat side. I just used pieces I had around, they don't need to be as heavy.

Attachments

• Control Mount2.JPG
    Control Mount2.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Control Mount1.JPG
    Control Mount1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Installed console6.JPG
    Installed console6.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Installed console5.JPG
    Installed console5.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Installed console4.JPG
    Installed console4.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Installed console3.JPG
    Installed console3.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Installed console2.JPG
    Installed console2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 4,500
  • Installed console1.JPG
    Installed console1.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 4,500
GOd I love this, awesome posts and work guys, thanks for sharing! :D

I've had a tool box just like that on Craigslist trying to get rid of it, now I am gonna keep it. :twisted:

Those air horns are awesome Ranchero.

Bassnbob, that spotlight is kick a$$. :D

Latest posts