Hopefully the Sportwin saga is over...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiverDog357

Reaction score
I took the SPortwin back to the shop today. He puts it in the tank, fires it up and it is purring like a kitten making a liar out of me. It ran horrible when I had it on the river. I told him to let it run and warm up and maybe it will do it. Nope. Ran like a champ. He still pulled the carb and cleaned it, and also pulled the flywheel and checked the points. When they pulled the flywheel there were little metal shavings all through it. He said when they were putting it back together and fired it up to test it that the nut wasnt tight. He thinks that maybe it was a screw or something rubbing on the flywheel causing the metal flakes. Sounds shady to me. Anyway, he cleaned em all out and blew the shavings away and put it back together. He cranked it up again, and it was running great. I took my own hose, and tank to make sure it wasnt that. I even let it run for about 20 minutes at all speeds. The thing was perfect. So when I got home I threw it on the boat and took it to the river. It fired right up and ran great. I cruised around for about 2 hours and it never missed a beat. It was starting to get chilly, and sprinkled a little so I loaded up and went home but I am happy that it is finally running. I just hope it runs the next time I take it out. I really think it had something to do with all the shavings. He thought it was just a clogged jet.
I was able to download the manual online so I have that for future reference.

Heres a video I took while we were out. It's a little deceiving cause the river is high and really moving but you can tell from the bank that we were going pretty good for going against the current and wind...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32297166@N08/3439783636/

Latest posts