How do you stiffen a tiller throttle handle?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Siguz said:
gillhunter said:
A sticking or real stiff throttle would aggravate me too. My throttle has an infinite tensioning device, kind of like a drag adjustment on an open face reel. I usually set mine so it has just a bit of drag. I guess it's whatever you get used to.

Is this an aftermarket thing you have or is it OEM?
Can you describe it further or post a pic?

It is OEM on my 9.9 Honda. You just twist the ring I'm pointing at to adjust the "drag" on the throttle.

Attachments

• Throttle 003.JPG
    Throttle 003.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 688
  • Throttle 002.JPG
    Throttle 002.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 688
Siguz said:
To clarify; the throttle handle does not provide enough resistance.
I would like to feel more resistance when twisting the handle.
Perhaps friction is a better word.
Maybe what I'm looking for is creating a sort of cruise control where constant fiddling is not required to run at lower speeds.

Does that make sense?????[emoji43]
You might check into a motorcycle cruse control. I used to have one on my bike and worked great. I don't see why it wouldn't on your tiller.

Charger25 said:
Siguz said:
Charger25 said:
Glad you posted this Siguz, I've running to the same issue with the 9.9 I picked up. kstrayhorn , I'm gonna try what you did but it's 12 deg outside [emoji38]2: might be a while, besides I've got a few winter projects in the works. Not to go OT but Siguz ya got that 35 carb on that thing yet ? :D
No i haven't installed that carb yet.
It's -39.... yes minus thirty nine.... here at my place. So, I won't be able to give a report on any progress until sometime around May.

-39 !! :shock: BBBRRRR............
got the Carb on.
41km/h with a 10x12 prop.
Gonna try a 10x13 and see what happens
Motor seems to run better now that there are no restrictions.

Latest posts